Discuss Rcd Have you ever in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

spaldingsparks

Rcd they say that they are the ultimate protection against an earth fault has any one ever had a belt live to earth, out of all you sparks out there that actually turned of the !!!!!!! rcd i hate to admit but I have on the odd occasion managed to get a tickle of 240V or should I say 230V now but with my Lightning reactions have not yet managed to turn of the Rcd
Spaldingsparks

maybe the circuit you were playing with wasnt protected by an RCD, on a split board perhaps.

thankfully i've been fortunate enough not to have any jolts like that, but i would imagine that 0.4 seconds feels like a lifetime when you have phase to earth current trying to make it's way through your extremities :)

yeh, admittedly have tripped an rcd with myself. off a lighting pendant changing the flex and touched an exposed loop terminal. must have been 100mA travelling through me!

Reply to Rcd Have you ever in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Have an issue i'd love some advice on if anyone would be so kind. Will try to be brief. Thank you!! So, have an intermittent RCD trip at...
Replies
Views
Hope this all makes as much sense as i can make of it and my "problem" can get sorted via some guru on here... Just a quick background on myself...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have recently installed a sub main in 4mm 3-core SWA, approx length 45 metres, to feed a small garden office. Final circuits in the...
Replies
Views
Hello. Had an issue a few months ago with a double electrical socket. One of the switches was stiff and sticking most of the time. I contacted a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock