Discuss Reading material for 17th edition in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bigslim

Too many books on amazon all with 4/5 stars and good write ups. can anyone suggest an onsite guide that is straight forward and explains in detail without boring the **** off me

Last edited by a moderator:
the on site guide is good to get a gist....if you are doing the 17th edition i found the best thing to do is get past papers and practice those....the exam is more to see if you can use the book to find out information, not so much knowledge like doing a 2391 would. :)

am doin my level 2 electrical instalation now am doing my 17th edition in the summer in the space between the level 3
Any advice on the best book to buy for the course ive seen a scanlan, nic, iee guide book to the 17th edition thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question, I've been meaning to buy a 17th onsite guide for a while now, but not sure which to go for. I want one for actual field use. I'd appreciate any recommendations as there are a few available.

Good question, I've been meaning to buy a 17th onsite guide for a while now, but not sure which to go for. I want one for actual field use. I'd appreciate any recommendations as there are a few available.

Hi i searched for on site guides a few months ago - even saw them being bid on ebay for more than there retail price:eek:

Any way best price i found was at the book depository. The book is ring bound and small enough to be relatively easy to store/carry. LINK

Still not found a good price for 17th wiring regs - £50+ just seems to be a rip off for a soft back, 200? page book.

Still not found a good price for 17th wiring regs - £50+ just seems to be a rip off for a soft back, 200? page book.

Maybe, but have to have it, especially if you wish to enroll on a self cert scheme.

Then again, i think one of the schemes provide it when you join.

Reply to Reading material for 17th edition in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock