Currently reading:
Recommend a consumer unit

Discuss Recommend a consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

atm84

-
Reaction score
I've been off the tools for a while what is everyone's favourite consumer out there. Looking for a min 12 way split board with the option of a couple of ways on non rcd ways.

I personally like Schneider boards but does anyone have any other recommendations taking into account cost, and space inside the board, quality etc.

Obviously needs to be amendment 3 compliant.

Cheers

i didnt think you were supposed to mix brands on new installs

I don't, SBS supply the unit as a Schneider enclosure with their own RCBOs pre fitted. Therefore they have manufactured the assembly and placed it on to the market.
I have purchased it as a premade unit, if I bought it as seperate parts and put it together myself then yes I would be accepting the liability for that.

I don't, SBS supply the unit as a Schneider enclosure with their own RCBOs pre fitted. Therefore they have manufactured the assembly and placed it on to the market.
I have purchased it as a premade unit, if I bought it as seperate parts and put it together myself then yes I would be accepting the liability for that.

Interesting

Interesting

Why? It's no different to most of the cheaper brands who buy their MCBs in from a single manufacturer with their own labels printed on them.
Some reputable brands do exactly the same thing. MK LN breakers were made by Siemens and their original sentry series MCBs (the good ones) were rebranded Merlin Gerin

Reply to Recommend a consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back