Discuss Rep. of Ireland Qualifications in the Ireland area at ElectriciansForums.net

I could answer that, but you wouldn't like it.

Emmm please do
There`s 4 jobs on the fas website at the moment for apprentices none for sparks..
1 on jobs.ie but its for a maintance job they just want you with a trade..
none on constructionjobs.ie

There really is nothing left for trades in this country so ive no other option the last place I worked was in wales 8 months ago so im getting prety desperate now id work at anything theres just no work here and there wont be for a long time.

Ok, here goes.
Fas is crap, for many years they allowed apprentices throught the city and guilds system that shouldn't be allowed on site let alone play with wires. The net result is that Irish electricians are not highly regarded across the water, Add this to the fact that Engerland is also having money problems and its no wonder that the powers that be are looking after their own, Fair play to them for doing so. I wish us Irishers had the same attitude. My own philosiphy goes along the lines that if I want to work over there then I'll have to get what they want, no point in complaining about how they won't accept what I've got, thankfully I am well down the road of achieving all the necessary qualifications.
But these are just my opinions.

Reply to Rep. of Ireland Qualifications in the Ireland area at ElectriciansForums.net