Discuss Replacing a Lutron Maestro MA-LFQ35 Light + Fan Combo Switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave50W

DIY
Reaction score
Greetings!
We have a ceiling fan with a 4-bulb light fixture. The fan switch of the original Lutron Maestro MA-LFQ35 combo switch quit working, but the light side continued to work, including dimming. I could not find the same switch online, and went to a local electrical / lighting store where I was sold a Lutron Maestro MA-FQH-WH switch. I installed the switch, but is does not work. I contacted Lutron Help and was told that the new switch needs another circuit added between the fan/light assembly and the switch. The challenge with that is that the assembly was installed during home constructin over 20 years ago and there is no was to add another wire.
I just need a switch to replace the LFQ35 that will use the original wiring. I want to maintain both the dimmer on the lights as well as the speed control on the fan.
Any / all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
- - Dave

Greetings!
We have a ceiling fan with a 4-bulb light fixture. The fan switch of the original Lutron Maestro MA-LFQ35 combo switch quit working, but the light side continued to work, including dimming. I could not find the same switch online, and went to a local electrical / lighting store where I was sold a Lutron Maestro MA-FQH-WH switch. I installed the switch, but is does not work. I contacted Lutron Help and was told that the new switch needs another circuit added between the fan/light assembly and the switch. The challenge with that is that the assembly was installed during home constructin over 20 years ago and there is no was to add another wire.
I just need a switch to replace the LFQ35 that will use the original wiring. I want to maintain both the dimmer on the lights as well as the speed control on the fan.
Any / all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
- - Dave

Follow - Same situation. If you found a solution, please share. Thank you!

Reply to Replacing a Lutron Maestro MA-LFQ35 Light + Fan Combo Switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net