Discuss Returning Electrician looking for help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Glasgow_Spark

Hi everyone, first post

I have not worked as a spark in 6 years due to family circumstances, but I am now looking to get back into it.
I completed an apprenticeship in Scotland in 2007 to the 17th edition.

My questions are, what do I need to do to renew my ECS card? Are there any courses I must do before I can get an updated card? as the SJIB website isn't very clear.

Also, are there any refresher courses in Scotland that would help me as I will be a bit rusty with things like testing.

Thanks for any help in advance

17th edition only published in 2008 so if you qualified to the 17th you may still be with in the 5 year exemption period and be able to renew with your existing qualifications

Yes sorry that was a typo, it was 2008. Its still longer than 5 years though, so any advice on what additional training is required? Would the ECS health and safety assessment be the only course I would have to do?

Reply to Returning Electrician looking for help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
I have recently completed my HNC in electrical engineering at college and I am looking to get a job as an electricians mate. what do I need to...
Replies
Views
I am currently going self employed. I was never put through any 18th edition courses, so have booked myself onto my 18th wiring regs. I want...
Replies
Views
Hello fellow sparks, I’m looking to do my testing and inspection course which starts on the 30th of April, but I have not got much testing...
Replies
Views
know a guy who has a Degree in Electrical and Power Engineering (non British degree), and Wiring Regs BS7671:2018 and he has gone Self Employed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock