Discuss Robin kts 1620 Manual in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rallyandy

Hi can anyone help me please !!!. i have acquired a robin kts 1620 tester ....minus the manual (doohh!!) many thanks

PS great forum by the way:)

just got one e-mailed to me today from robin after reading someone else did the same

if anyone else needs one let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
seems as there is a few out there with no manual. I have just been given a KTS1620 but, you've guessed it, no paper work. be grateful for any manual or info.
robster

Robin no longer exists. It was bought out by Fluke and the instruments dropped from their range.
However it appears that the original Robin management promptly went back to China, changed the casings from yellow to grey and now sell identical instruments under the Kewtech brand.
The Robin 1620 is now the Kewtech KT62 and the manual can be downloaded from their website.
This information is applicable to all the other instruments in the old Robin range .
Mike Pollard.

Hi all again sorry its been a while getting back to you all, i have the manual in pdf format, so i can E Mail it to youall, or can i post it on this forum not sure how it works:)

hi rallyandy
i managed to get a cheap 1620 for one of the lads to use as he is beginning to learn about testing.
Do you still have a copy of the Robin 1620 manual on pdf format please. I so, could you forward it to me please.
Many thanks.

Hi sparkyvr, google Robin 1620 manual and visit the top link. There's loads of PDF manuals on the website. I've got a copy I can send to you if you let me have your email address.

Cheers

Have a play around with the meter and test leads.

Remembering your dead tests use 2 a lead set and live tests require the IEC 3 lead or plug connected.

Also it may trip RCD's even if it has a D lock on the loop testing mode.

Still a excellent bit of kit!

Good luck !

Robin no longer exists. It was bought out by Fluke and the instruments dropped from their range.
However it appears that the original Robin management promptly went back to China, changed the casings from yellow to grey and now sell identical instruments under the Kewtech brand.
The Robin 1620 is now the Kewtech KT62 and the manual can be downloaded from their website.
This information is applicable to all the other instruments in the old Robin range .
Mike Pollard.
Fluke did not buy out ROBIN they just a license to use the name, the director and the chairman relocated from Watford to Chesham with most of the original staff and set up kewtech hence the kewtech kt62 multifunction tester is the same as the ROBIN KTS 1620 they just changed the colour from yellow for the ROBIN to grey for the Kewtech and both were and still made in the Netherlands NOT China

Mike Pollard.

Mike Pollard.
expand...
Fluke did not buy out ROBIN they just a license to use the name, the director and the chairman relocated from Watford to Chesham with most of the original staff and set up kewtech hence the kewtech kt62 multifunction tester is the same as the ROBIN KTS 1620 they just changed the colour from yellow for the ROBIN to grey for the Kewtech and both were and still made in the Netherlands NOT China look at the history of kewtech on there website

Mike Pollard.
Fluke did not buy out ROBIN they just a license to use the name, the director and the chairman relocated from Watford to Chesham with most of the original staff and set up kewtech hence the kewtech kt62 multifunction tester is the same as the ROBIN KTS 1620 they just changed the colour from yellow for the ROBIN to grey for the Kewtech and both were and still made in the Netherlands NOT China

Reply to Robin kts 1620 Manual in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net