Discuss Running 10mm T&E externally? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Galv seems a bit excessive for domestic, but depends on budget I suppose.

Have you considered using NYY? I love the stuff: a bit dear but dead easy to install (unlike SWA) and it knocks spots off T&E.
You could do the whole run in NYY - no need to change cable types, and being solid core not stranded like HO7RN, it's easy to terminate at both ends.
I've just used some 5-core 16mm NYY for a sub-mains in my own house, where I'd have used SWA before. I'm converted! (Obviously in an area not liable to mechanical damage.)

Reply to Running 10mm T&E externally? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have had my kitchen rewired and plastered. I have had a 6mm t+e on a dedicated 32a circuit for a 60cm electric cooker. In hindsight, had i known...
Replies
Views
Good evening all, I’m currently part way through my apprenticeship and we are working on IB, IN, IZ and IT and volt drop today. And it got me...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a relatively simple question. Doing a rewire to make a circuit in a single room. My father is a retired spark, so no worries about a...
Replies
Views
Hello ladies and gents , Simple question , where in the regs book would It discuss or what does it say about clipping direct 1.5mm t&e in the...
Replies
Views
I have a TPN board that will feed 8-10 sub boards. The loads on each board are negligible 5-10 amps peak but mostly 1-2 amps. The distribution...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock