Discuss Running 2 Metal Containers with a generator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Stashton1990

I have been asked of my club to wire up 2 cabins with power so they can have lights on during the dark mornings. There is 3 metal cabins in total one with a generator in it, one which is the main office and one for meetings. The 2 cabins that want power both have a C.u in them. So if i wire in a 16amp 230v external socket to each of the cabins so they can plug the generator in when they arrive in the morning.
How would i go about earthing them. Would i put and earthing spike in and wire each cabin and the generator back to the spike individually or would i give each cabin a spike each?

Last edited:
So 3 metal containers/cabins. One has generator the other 2 are occupied by people.
You say they have CUs. All of them? Are the all connected?
What's the current cabling between the 3 cabins and how is that related to the

You need to put a plug on each cabin, not a socket. The socket will be connected to the generator.

Is there an N-E link in the generator? Is the generator frame in contact with the metal parts of the container or is it isolated from it, if it is will it remain so?

I suspect that you will need to install an earth electrode of suitably low resistance to create a TNS system.

Reply to Running 2 Metal Containers with a generator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Currently I have a Henley block which has 2 consumer units. 1 of these CU feeds a garden supply and garage. Out in the garden which is fed by a...
Replies
Views
5 single phases to one huge property. Backup generator which can take about 106 amps split between 2 phases - 1 phase will be wired through...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone need help pls I need to power 2 x portable work cabin The meter people came today installed new supply with one meter 25 meters away...
Replies
Views
Legends, need some advice. I am a 12v automotive electrician, but have had a side project building a concession trailer for my dad. We have an...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm new here. I have just finished my NVQ and waiting to do my AM2. I have a question on selectivity as it has always slightly confused me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock