Discuss running 25mm tails in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bluecallum

Hi can someone tell me what the best way of running supply to cu from distributors supply if the run is more than 3 metres apart,as i have been told that you can only run 25mm tails no more than 3 metres,Thanks

If the run is more than 3 metres you run your tails into a KMF switch (isolator) and then your tails out of the isolator to the CU can be as long as needed.

well we protect it with a bs88 80A fuse, so when clipped direct we use 16mm (witha seperate earth) which will carry 85A before correction factors. What do you do then?

wait a minute, my mistake i should have said we protect it with a bs1361 type 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
well those pictures are actually metal switch fuses. The term kmf is from an mem product number and now all similar non metal switch fuses are called a "kmf". This is what they look like.

www.alertelectrical.com/upload/pdf/753MEM800KMF.pdf

Reply to running 25mm tails in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi folks, I have recently had a 5kW Solis inverter and 15kW/hr of batteries installed. Everything is working fine, but I have some concerns about...
Replies
Views
Some advise or views would be appreciated. My supply is 100 amp single phase. I purchased my property 3 years ago or so, the owner prior to the...
Replies
Views
Just wanted to know which people use. My case. Client converting attached garage into new rooms. Consumer Unit has to move to accomodate this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Customer has an extension and this compromises existing meter position, DNO is extending incomer and putting meter box on a different...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My question relates to the omission of overcurrent protection (specifically overload and fault protection) at the origin of an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock