SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss running 25mm tails in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bluecallum

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi can someone tell me what the best way of running supply to cu from distributors supply if the run is more than 3 metres apart,as i have been told that you can only run 25mm tails no more than 3 metres,Thanks

C

Cirrus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the run is more than 3 metres you run your tails into a KMF switch (isolator) and then your tails out of the isolator to the CU can be as long as needed.

S

sparkymark

If this is a domestic situation we normally run out of the kmf in twin rather than tails.

S

sparkymark

well we protect it with a bs88 80A fuse, so when clipped direct we use 16mm (witha seperate earth) which will carry 85A before correction factors. What do you do then?

wait a minute, my mistake i should have said we protect it with a bs1361 type 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PAUL M

i allways fit a kmf 80amp,run 25mm tails out of that with 16mm earth,dont carry 16mm tails on the van.

O

ONIT

Eveing ALL,,

JUST WOUDERING IS A KMF A TPYE OF D/P ISOLATION IF SO WHAT DOSE KMF STAND FOR.

CHEERS

S

sparkymark

well those pictures are actually metal switch fuses. The term kmf is from an mem product number and now all similar non metal switch fuses are called a "kmf". This is what they look like.

www.alertelectrical.com/upload/pdf/753MEM800KMF.pdf

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to running 25mm tails in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom