Discuss running 25mm tails in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bluecallum

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi can someone tell me what the best way of running supply to cu from distributors supply if the run is more than 3 metres apart,as i have been told that you can only run 25mm tails no more than 3 metres,Thanks

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
C

Cirrus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the run is more than 3 metres you run your tails into a KMF switch (isolator) and then your tails out of the isolator to the CU can be as long as needed.

S

sparkymark

If this is a domestic situation we normally run out of the kmf in twin rather than tails.

S

sparkymark

well we protect it with a bs88 80A fuse, so when clipped direct we use 16mm (witha seperate earth) which will carry 85A before correction factors. What do you do then?

wait a minute, my mistake i should have said we protect it with a bs1361 type 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PAUL M

i allways fit a kmf 80amp,run 25mm tails out of that with 16mm earth,dont carry 16mm tails on the van.

O

ONIT

Eveing ALL,,

JUST WOUDERING IS A KMF A TPYE OF D/P ISOLATION IF SO WHAT DOSE KMF STAND FOR.

CHEERS

S

sparkymark

well those pictures are actually metal switch fuses. The term kmf is from an mem product number and now all similar non metal switch fuses are called a "kmf". This is what they look like.

www.alertelectrical.com/upload/pdf/753MEM800KMF.pdf

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to running 25mm tails in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom