Discuss running before i can walk! (CPS) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

D_Dubz

Hi all
I'm looking to start my own business and go out on my own soon and am interested in joining a competent persons scheme. I have nearly 7 years experience in mainly commercial/industrial including a 4 year apprenticeship, 17th edition and just completing 2391. According to NIC application I have to have been trading for at least 6 months to join, but I cannot find anything similar to this on the Elecsa website?. Obviously I realise they have to inspect work I have carried out, but would prefer not to waste to much time and money on the LABC.
I prefer to do commercial/industrial work and would eventually like to join the NIC approved contractor scheme but need to have 2 years supervisor experience for this. How hard is it to find this kind of work without this?
How do you notify about Part L?

Any help is much appreciated

hi, i was thinking of joining niceic domestic installer and my business hasnt been running for 6 months yet. Iv got the application form and i cant see anywhere on it were it says you need to be trading for 6 months?? can anyone verify this before i send off my money to them .thanks

hi, i was thinking of joining niceic domestic installer and my business hasnt been running for 6 months yet. Iv got the application form and i cant see anywhere on it were it says you need to be trading for 6 months?? can anyone verify this before i send off my money to them .thanks

I spoke to them about this last week, they're not to worried about it as far as i could understand, give them a call.

There must be lots of applicants who haven't been trading for 6 months.

Unless I have interpreted it wrong this iswhere I got my info:

DI:
http://www.niceic.com/library/B6003-130309-Rules-for-Registration-of-DI.PDF

"1.1 Conditions for Initial Registration:
The enterprise shall:
a. have carried out domestic electrical
installation work for not less than 12 months
prior to making an application"

AC:
http://www.niceic.com/library/Rules.pdf

Qualified supervisor
"(c) has had at least two consecutive years' managerial or
supervisory responsibility for the technical standard of
electrical installation work"

(obviously this doesn't matter if you all ready have this experience from previous employment)

Reply to running before i can walk! (CPS) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net