• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Running Submains with general lighting and power??? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

John Matrix

Hi everyone I have an issue that I need some advice with. I have been asked to fit a panel board in a basement to some offices. From this I need to feed another distribution board. This board is feeding some general lighting and power. My plan was to link everything with a 100x100mm metal trunking and then run tails through the trunking from the panel board to feed the distribution board. I have been told that I should be keeping the tails and the general lighting and power circuits in separate trunking but I can’t see an issue with running it in the same one. Is this ok or do I have to run it separate?

Hi everyone I have an issue that I need some advice with. I have been asked to fit a panel board in a basement to some offices. From this I need to feed another distribution board. This board is feeding some general lighting and power. My plan was to link everything with a 100x100mm metal trunking and then run tails through the trunking from the panel board to feed the distribution board. I have been told that I should be keeping the tails and the general lighting and power circuits in separate trunking but I can’t see an issue with running it in the same one. Is this ok or do I have to run it separate?
What plank told that?

There is no regulation requiring this, however if you have a specification which requires it then you should follow that.

You don't get fired for doing what the boss has told you to do, but going against his instructions could be a different story

Not sure if this is a thing or not. Is the separate trunking for the lighting purely for the emergency lights?
Not sure why it would be...

Well I’ve put all my brackets In ready and now it’s gona add 3 days onto the job. 3 days we ain’t got. Oh well. Smile and wave.

Well I’ve put all my brackets In ready and now it’s gona add 3 days onto the job. 3 days we ain’t got. Oh well. Smile and wave.

Ask your boss why they need to be separated as it's not in the regs. See what he says.

Reply to Running Submains with general lighting and power??? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back