Discuss Salus RT505TX wont fire up the boiler after initial testing. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all, just fitted a Salus RT505TX thermostat an reciever, connections are all correct and tight, 230v live and neutral to the reciever, a loop from live to the common terminal, then a switch live from the boiler also to the reciever, ive paired the devices up and when I increase temperature it calls for heat and the switch live is powered up, the boiler fires up which is great, after the initial working of the devices, once I decrease the temperature and the stat switches off, the issue I have is after the initial start up when ever I increase the temperature the switch live comes live the stat calls for heat but the actual boiler will not fire up, can anyone help pin point this issue.

If I am reading your post correctly.
The boiler fires when the stat initially calls for heat, boiler stops when stat turned down, boiler fails to fire when stat turned up again?
Sounds like the boiler is just cutting out on its own stat.

I assume this is a combi boiler? If so if there is power on the switched live then either the water is already up to temperature so no additional heat is required, there is a setting or mode on the boiler that is set to not allow heating. The switch live wire is no longer connected in the boiler, or the boiler is faulty.

Edit: too slow
[automerge]1583182323[/automerge]
There also might be an in-built delay in switching on if the boiler was recently stopped.

It reads to me like the Salus is just connected to the boiler.
What about the zone valves?
Do the radiators get hot on the first firing?

If I am reading your post correctly.
The boiler fires when the stat initially calls for heat, boiler stops when stat turned down, boiler fails to fire when stat turned up again?
Sounds like the boiler is just cutting out on its own stat.
Yes this is correct! Im jisy unsure where to go from here?
[automerge]1583183100[/automerge]
It reads to me like the Salus is just connected to the boiler.
What about the zone valves?
Do the radiators get hot on the first firing?
No valves just a standard 230v combi

Sounds like you just need to leave the boiler to do it's thing mate. It'll cut back on when it's ready. Or does it not come back on at all?

Ok, is it a new system or have you just replaced the stat on an existing system?

Reply to Salus RT505TX wont fire up the boiler after initial testing. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock