Discuss scissor lift, cherry picker, Ipaf licence? is it..... anyone got it in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

do you get grandfather rights if you've been using the bloody things since way before ipaf and plasma? dunno about plasma, i got 20 years of crt ( cathode ray tube ).

do you get grandfather rights if you've been using the bloody things since way before ipaf and plasma? dunno about plasma, i got 20 years of crt ( cathode ray tube ).

Sadly you don't which is a Joke ,When I did my scissor Lift back in 07 we were told that if you filled in the log book over the 5yrs you would get a free re-newel which has since been scrapped so you're paying no matter what but like I said earlier I worked of loads of Scissors without the IPAF even whizzed in a load of Deliveries with Telehandlers when needed on Sites with no issues ,

What makes me laugh though is that they have Tickets for "pop ups!!" I mean WTF it has 2 Idiot proof buttons and you have to Manually move the things where you need to use them but yet you're supposed to have a ticket for them too.

it's a bloody joke. all these expensive courses aimed at training monkeys. anyone with a modicum of common sense can use this equipment safely. how many FLT drivers have passed courses allowing then to work, yet still have no idea.

I have Both Mobile & Static Cherry Pickers Tickets and have Barely used them since I done my IPAF 3 years ago my Scissor ticket ran out a few years ago haven't renewed it since tbh most Sites want your Tickets but I operated loads of Scissors & Telehandlers on Site without issue before ,The whole Ticket scheme is just a Money making Scam anyways ,Why do you have to renew your Tickets every 5 yrs when you don't have to re-new your Driving Licence which far more Dangerous once you have passed your test.

If you have an incident while driving a telehandler with no licence you will get the book through at you and quite rightly so,

What makes me laugh though is that they have Tickets for "pop ups!!" I mean WTF it has 2 Idiot proof buttons and you have to Manually move the things where you need to use them but yet you're supposed to have a ticket for them too.

Don't knock the pop-ups, the belief that you need to do an IPAF course to use them is the reason my employer put me on the course :lol: Got there and the training bloke said you didn't need to do a course to use them, ow well

If all you ever use are the ‘Pop-Ups’ then you do have to take a training course. The Push Around Vertical (PAV), came into effect in January 2010, and is a half-day course. If you already hold either the Static Vertical (1a) of Mobile Vertical (3a), then you don’t need to do the additional course.

Reply to scissor lift, cherry picker, Ipaf licence? is it..... anyone got it in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock