Discuss Screwdriver addict... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Can people stop talking about ratchet drivers....

my urge to buy one is getting overwhelming :D
[automerge]1594977470[/automerge]
Very tempting...

Last edited:
just bought this. the shafts will also fit my snap-on.

just bought this. the shafts will also fit my snap-on.

I see how he words his listing titles so that at first glance people think they are Snap On. Thought it was a strange phrase 'Snap Up On a bargain' !!

nobody'smentioned Snap-on... takes all sorts of bits, magnetic, realy smooth ratchet action, can even get a VDE shaft for it. and guaranteed for life. can't do without mine:
View attachment 59532

I've had the same one for close to 30 years Tel, except the handle is bright green which I figured would make it harder to lose. :) It gets used every single working day and the fact it's magnetic makes things a lot easier. Wouldn't be without it.

Well the wife asked what I wanted for my birthday next week...

I said a snap-on ratchet screwdriver

she went shopping today and bought Me a new shirt & pack of boxer shorts...

what part of ratchet screwdriver did she not understand

:mad:

it's women for you. like one was on a bus which broke down on the A56. the driver was looking in the engine compartment, seeing a loose hose clip.woman passenger, being nosey, says
"would you like a screwdriver?"

"yes, maam" replies the driver, "but let me fix the bus first"

Got a Stanley ratchet driver, used most days for 15+ years. I got it from Tesco for £5.50. Even bought a second one as I didn't expect it to last. That's still in the package it came in.
That's my current one too, a cheapy Stanley one. Also had it for years. Maybe knocking on for 15 itself. Trying to think back to when all my tools got replaced after being stolen.

I think my last ratchet was a black and decker ratchet driver , it was about a tenner iirc
really nice action
sadly was lost on site , think I left it on a job and forgot to go back to get it

RS used to do a great pozi No.2, flat blade, and 1/4" square drive ratchet handles.

Still got mine from 20 years ago and until recently it tended to be used where now I always have a power driver to hand.
[automerge]1595071438[/automerge]
The RS 1/4" drive ratchet handle.

Screwdriver addict... ratched-driver - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Does anyone still use yankey drivers? or are they completely obsolete now we have battery drills.

I still use my dad's old yankee driver sometimes. Good when you need extra reach, eg when fitting shelf brackets.

Just been browsing eBay for a snap-on ratchet...

is there any differences between the various colours and styles?

i see a red , orange , green , yellow & black in a hard plastic

and various what look like a soft grip version

is That the only main difference...??

Just been browsing eBay for a snap-on ratchet...

is there any differences between the various colours and styles?

i see a red , orange , green , yellow & black in a hard plastic

and various what look like a soft grip version

is That the only main difference...??
basically, yes. the only problem with the soft-grip version is that the cap falls off when using it and spare bits in the handle fall out, usually never to be seen again.
upside is guaranteed for life. i had the ratchet fail on one. snap-on rep fixed in his van in 15 minutes. FOC.

If I can pick one up for £25-30 on eBay I will get meself one and give it a bash...
i see they do limited edition pink version , so might buy it for the wife for Christmas...;)
[automerge]1595156250[/automerge]
On a side note my Klein & milwakee insulated screwdrivers I ordered should arrive tomorrow so I will try them for a week and give my opinion on them.
never tried Klein or milwakee Insulated screwdrivers Before,
I did have a Klein normal screwdriver once upon a time before I lost it...

Last edited:

Reply to Screwdriver addict... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock