Discuss Searching for bargains... Is there any way in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

I haven't got the time to search on a regular basis for a couple of items, I could put a search on flea bay but would rather search the entire web automatically.

Is there any website's you can use to log a search and for said site do it for you and alert you to any results?

Thanks

I just knew that was coming!!!!!

I'd have said Google too lol

But it wont update you, you'd have to keep searching.

I'm interested, what ya looking for?
I have been given a few quid by my wonderful mum because she has seen me on the breadline throughout my training and even though my motorcycle needs an MOT and a new chain, the car is coming up for MOT as well, with the leftovers I was going to buy some stock sundries for the car/van (can!). I bought some storage boxes from the big orange shed and I'm going to innovatively fill them with cable clips, screws, plugs and the like. I'm getting my own jobs coming in and as I've been doing the job for 14 months now I know the levels and items needed. Should I be excited?
I'm looking out for second hand power tools so I can cover every eventuality - does anyone ever take a look in their local PAWN shop - there can be bargains to be got.
I was going to take a look at a Bosch 36v EC brushless hammer drill (compact) with a couple of batteries - going for £189 (usually £360 new) but I'll knock him down if it sounds nice. This model doesn't have 'just' hammer though (another model does) and I wonder whether I would just get the corded out if I was chasing. This is me thinking out loud.
Sorry to hijack but I'm not usually in the position to buy anything!

My other answer would be Amazon search then EBay then reviews - quick searches on Gumtree and schpok usually gets an idea.

I want the search automated for me. I don't have time!
If everybody could do that though, there wouldn't be any bargains or need for Google. Hence a bargain being something you find cheaper than everybody else! You have to put the effort in to find the things!

If you ever have items on ebay you find that are on an auction and think might go cheap, checkout some websites called "ebay snipers" (search google).

You enter your best price, tell it bid like 10 seconds before the item ends, and if you win you win, if you don't you don't. But you can do it on 3 or 4 different items (not all the same else you could end up with all 4!) and you tend to find about half the time you win the item at a steal.

Trick then is to find the items that are ending at midnight on a friday or whatever (so other people are out and not bidding on it). It becomes an art.

But again, it can swallow your time just looking for the things and setting up the sniper.

Reply to Searching for bargains... Is there any way in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net