• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Seeking 30 Industry placements for college students in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Yall,
I am a course leader at one of the biggest colleges in the south, and have been tasked with the job of finding work experience for over 30 students.

This work experience will help with their progression through the start of their career and gives them vial on site experience which we can all agree is valuable and something we can not replicate in college.

The learners are currently carrying out their level 2 diploma in electrical installation and need to complete 315 hours of work experience within the academic year.

Industry placement (work experience) hours does not have to be completed in one employment it can be over 2, there is no obligation to pay them as it is experience you are paying them in, and lets be honest even if you had a spare set of hands handing you things it saves you time and money.

I am hoping that if there is some companies out there that would be interested in taking on a student for a little work experience, no matter how big or small your company is. Please get in touch with me there is hardly any leg work you need to put in its all done our side.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting this here!

That's quite a job you've got on your hands. Well done for helping them.

I don't suppose I can ask (and I don't want to tarnish the thread with presumptions but it may help in getting placements if we know) are these people who have themselves enrolled and want to be electricians, or are these people who need to train to continue receiving financial benefits from the government.

I only ask as the latter can sometime be less geared towards actually helping on the job we have sometimes found.

A delicate subject I know.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting this here!

That's quite a job you've got on your hands. Well done for helping them.

I don't suppose I can ask (and I don't want to tarnish the thread with presumptions but it may help in getting placements if we know) are these people who have themselves enrolled and want to be electricians, or are these people who need to train to continue receiving financial benefits from the government.

I only ask as the latter can sometime be less geared towards actually helping on the job we have sometimes found.

A delicate subject I know.
lol I understand your question completely and agree massively. No these are students that are already enrolled as trainee electricians and need some on site experience, I would not be pushing any crap onto anyone only a selected few that are trying hard to look for a placement.

I still run my own electrical business as well as teach at the college and I have taken on 2 but that is my maximum due to my work constraints at the college.

Thanks for your question.
[automerge]1571296180[/automerge]
In return I would be happy to speak with our marketing team to look to get some free advertisement done for your companies, as a thank you.

I see you’re down in Somerset. Do you have a more specific area that your students are in as this will likely be key to any interested companies?

Reply to Seeking 30 Industry placements for college students in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock