Search the forum,

Discuss Selectivity at Static Caravan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wow lads, cheers for the replies. A lot to get my head around but i suppose theres no rush.
Completely forgot about time delayed RCDs, not something ive come across yet. Will the delay usually be printed on the front with the other information?

As for the holiday, We're having to make a hasty escape as my baby boy got a bit sick in the pool and they had to close it for an hour!

I suspect if you test that S type 30ma RCD at ×5 it may well disconnect in less than 40ms but that is speculative.

Just looked up the spec sheet for this rcd (god my life's interesting) and the 0.1 is in fact the time delay. They could have made it a little clearer couldnt they.

Technical Datasheet

B10R
In accordance with IEC 61008-1
Certification CE, SEMKO
Pole composition 2P, 4P
Rated current: 16A, 25A, 32A, 40A, 63A, 80A, 100A, 125A
Residual current characteristics: AC, A
Calibration Temperature: +30°C
Rated frequency: 50/60Hz
Rated voltage: 110VAC/230VAC/400VAC
Rated residual operating current I∆n: 30mA, 100mA, 300mA
Max. Switching Time@ I∆n: 100ms
Residual tripping current range: 0.5 I∆n ~ 1 I∆n
Rated conditional short circuit current: 10kA
Electrical lifetime > 4,000 cycles
Fastening torque: 2.0Nm
Terminal capacity: 35mm2 solid, 25mm2 stranded conductor
Mounting on DIN Rail EN 60715 (EN 50022)
Protection degree: IP20
Operating temp

Where does it say its a time delayed rcd ?

It says max switching time 100ms the typical time for a 100ma Time delayed rcd is around 200ms

Technical Datasheet

B10R
In accordance with IEC 61008-1
Certification CE, SEMKO
Pole composition 2P, 4P
Rated current: 16A, 25A, 32A, 40A, 63A, 80A, 100A, 125A
Residual current characteristics: AC, A
Calibration Temperature: +30°C
Rated frequency: 50/60Hz
Rated voltage: 110VAC/230VAC/400VAC
Rated residual operating current I∆n: 30mA, 100mA, 300mA
Max. Switching Time@ I∆n: 100ms
Residual tripping current range: 0.5 I∆n ~ 1 I∆n
Rated conditional short circuit current: 10kA
Electrical lifetime > 4,000 cycles
Fastening torque: 2.0Nm
Terminal capacity: 35mm2 solid, 25mm2 stranded conductor
Mounting on DIN Rail EN 60715 (EN 50022)
Protection degree: IP20
Operating temp

Where does it say its a time delayed rcd ?

It says max switching time 100ms the typical time for a 100ma Time delayed rcd is around 200ms
WOOPS, sorry, just checked it again, you are right. Seems i was a bit trigger happy reading out the specs.

Thanks for pullin me on that. In the codes, i saw Type AC (selective 0.1s). Thatll teach me for rushing!
Screenshot_20220704-230331_Drive.jpg

I suppose in reality it could be argued that all rcds, mcbs and fuses are time delayed even if they were at the speed of light :)

the site owner needs to fit a 30mA RCD. to prorect the hook-up flex and allow for a caravan with no RCD or dodgy install.

caravans come fitted with 30mA RCD as standard. posh ones may have RCBOs. either way, you have no discriminatioon and have to live with maybe going out in the cold and rain in your pyjamas just to watch "millionare" repets in bed.

the site owner needs to fit a 30mA RCD. to prorect the hook-up flex and allow for a caravan with no RCD or dodgy install.

caravans come fitted with 30mA RCD as standard. posh ones may have RCBOs. either way, you have no discriminatioon and have to live with maybe going out in the cold and rain in your pyjamas just to watch "millionare" repets in bed.
There is an rcd protecting the hook up or do you mean S type rcd ? :)

Reply to Selectivity at Static Caravan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net