Discuss shaver socket repair on bathroom mirror in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
a customers daughters austrian boyfriend decided to charge his laptop from the bathroom mirror shaver point, they don't really want to replace the whole mirror nt sure where the sourced it from.

i have emailed the usa/taiwan company from there website but no response and haven't had much luck on google trying to find. can i just rip out the guts of a standard shaver point or any ideas where i can locate the part attached

thanks steve

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 58
You want to find a 20W 230V/230V safety isolating transformer, and your idea of removing a shaver socket is probably the easiest because otherwise you would need rewire back to the existing socket, for which there is limited access. Just make sure the socket face will fit the board cut out.

Personally, if I couldn't find a replacement part from the manufacture of the luminaire, I wouldn't get involved other than to fit a new luminaire, especially as it's in a bathroom. IMO

Reply to shaver socket repair on bathroom mirror in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a quick query. I have a bathroom mirror with built in shaver socket and isolating transformer. However, it is not switched and is...
Replies
Views
I'm a pretty competent DIYer and always try to follow the relevant IEE/IET regs. Recently I ordered an LED bathroom cabinet from Amazon to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just bought a flat and in it is the above named mirror in the bathroom. Only problem is that the light isn’t working! When we...
Replies
Views
Hello i've recently just had a re wire done on a three bed semi house, Ive noticed a few things im not 100 percent on ive spoken to the firm that...
Replies
Views
Evening all, just a general punt...looking to source a mirror light for my own bathroom, needs to have a shaver socket on the side have tried the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock