Discuss Should i buy Megger MFT-x1 or Fluke 1664fc in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Megger MFT X1 or Fluke 1664 FC

Is there any difference?

Which one will you go?
Hiya,

If you do decide to go for the Megger option we have a great offer running at the moment. Plus as a Forum Member you can get an extra 5% of on top of the free Megger parts.

Megger MFT-X1 Multifunction Tester with True Loop. SPECIAL OFFER: Buy this product throughout September and receive: MFL205 Fuse locator (1013-835), Fused test leads (1013-316) and a 12 month licence for CertSuite (1014-018)!

Cheers,
Ivan

A fairer comparison would the Fluke 1664FC against the Megger 1741. The Megger MFT X1 is the next generation, and a lot more expensive.
Indeed. You can get the Fluke at some extremely keen prices - sometimes circa half the new Megger.

The MFT-X1 looks very funky, but whether it actually takes better measurements than the Fluke is another matter. In the last analysis I'm sure the new Megger is better in terms of features and upgradeability, but whether that'll make any meaningful difference to your work is another matter. It depends how much use it'd get and what exactly you'd be testing.

If I was spending 95% of my time on T&I contracts I'd consider something high end like the X1 to handle logging of all of the data.
But as a lot of my work seems to involve farms and dusty building projects I prefer to use simpler and older testers so if accidents happen (or theft) the financial loss is more bearable.

I'm still even now finding things my 1553 can do that I didn't know about!
e.g. Hold Test down while changing to 250v IR test and you can do a 25v or 50v IR test.....

If I was spending 95% of my time on T&I contracts I'd consider something high end like the X1 to handle logging of all of the data.
But as a lot of my work seems to involve farms and dusty building projects I prefer to use simpler and older testers so if accidents happen (or theft) the financial loss is more bearable.

I'm still even now finding things my 1553 can do that I didn't know about!
e.g. Hold Test down while changing to 250v IR test and you can do a 25v or 50v IR test.....
I wish one of these MFT manufacturers would add a timer for IR tests. You could use them for motors then - 60 seconds standard test, or DAR, PI. It'd be trivially easy to tweak the firmware to do that, but as far as I know, only Metrel's £2k range-topping tester has these features.

Reply to Should i buy Megger MFT-x1 or Fluke 1664fc in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net