Discuss Shower probs in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

BEN5637

hey guys, wondering if i can call on your advice re.Basically I have just done a new cu/peb and lighting circuit re-wire.customer has now has bought a 9.5kw shower and wants it fitted he has a 60A main fuse. he has the usual up/down rings, 2 lighting circuits, cooker, immersion etc. is this ok or not to put another 40 or so amps on the installation. i reckon a 7.2 on 6mm and 32A would be better am I right? many thanks lads.

hey guys, wondering if i can call on your advice re.Basically I have just done a new cu/peb and lighting circuit re-wire.customer has now has bought a 9.5kw shower and wants it fitted he has a 60A main fuse. he has the usual up/down rings, 2 lighting circuits, cooker, immersion etc. is this ok or not to put another 40 or so amps on the installation. i reckon a 7.2 on 6mm and 32A would be better am I right? many thanks lads.

Hi. Just a thought but can you not get the electicity company to upgrade the main service fuse to a 100A and possibliy the upgrade the main tails (if required). Problem solved?

You need to look at the diversity of the house(look in on site guide) . you will probably need to get the board in to up the company fuseto 100A , up tails from 16 to 22mm from suppliers fuse to meter and you would be responsible for the tail from the cut out to dis board.

Mike

sorry a repeat savaly beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta be honest i wouldnt worry too much.

Its unlikely that, with a bit of diversity (although this is not strictly correct) that the installation would pull 60A. They can run all day at 60A+ and not have problems.

If you do go for an upgrade to a 100A (some DNO's do this for free, but not all), they sometimes use an adapter that sits over the existing carrier. Just make sure you have the depth in the cupboard before hand.

And yes, upgrade the tails. They are probably old cloth braided anyways.

Reply to Shower probs in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock