Discuss singles in conduit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

ONIT

Hi,ALL

Doing a conduit job in the week,, havent do one for a bit.. trying to brush up on the wiring of a light ciruits from c.u ...

Whith singels i.e ..... wire from c.u to light first or to switch first and so on..

All help and advice welcom.. cheers

AFIK you can do 2 plate, or 3 plate in domestic. Trouble with 2 plating is that it tends to confuse people that aren't used to it (the numptys on the kitchen contract), and they manage to cut the rest of lighting off when they change the kitchen fitting. Been to more than once callout for this. So my personal preference as regards domestic would be to 3 plate it for that reason. If it's industrial, I'm sure some of the boys that do that will be better placed to offer opinions.

bend the conduit before you put the wires in
other than that without seeing the job ..feed to the sw first

Woah, hav'nt done a conduit job for years, used to love it, both steel and plaggy.

Mind, if you hav'nt done steel for a while there can be a good few bits in the scrap bin till you get into it again.

I still have my old collage notes on bending steel.

feed to switch,cpc to switch,sw wire back to ltg,cpc back to ltg,n to ltg,then daisy chain to rest of lights(non of this three neutrals crap at a fitting)
yours benji

Do quite a bit of conduit work. For basic lighting systems tend to agree with benji. If using flouresent fittings remember that you cannot feed cables through the fittings any more so I tend to mount them on conduit through boxes with the feed in and out from the through box.

Reply to singles in conduit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock