Discuss Solar powered soffit downlights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

daveb

-
Reaction score
hi folks,

A regular customer of mine really wants soffit downlights on their outside soffits. Having had a look at access, there is no easy way to access the inside of the soffit - it's a new build.

Can anyone recommend a decent solar powered option for this?

Thanks

Hi there, hope I can help you with this,

A good way, which is quite simple is using... Sorry its not a Solar powered idea, more using LEDs.

LED tape, have a read on it here..

A lot of bars use it, and its quite popular in new property developments... Here is some images which we have used LED Tape for, if you need someone to do it, visit our contact page on the website.......

View attachment 35514

Last edited by a moderator:
you can get them more spaced out rather than using a full strip of light if you understand.

Otherwise you would just have to do it the original way and install the down lights.......

I know you can get solar powered decking lights but you may have charging issues if you fit them below a soffit and they may energise themselves when the area falls into shadow. I don't know how you could power downlights from a solar charging source without remote control gear, then you are back to square one and may as well fit mains ones.

Surface mounted bulkhead fittings with galv conduit. And don't forget a fireman's switch 8 foot from floor.
Daz

Reply to Solar powered soffit downlights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock