Discuss Spanish home re-wire for friend? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a friend that wants a holiday home in Spain re-wiring. I've never done overseas work before so any tips on the regs I should know or what to expect or prepare for/avoid?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have a friend that wants a holiday home in Spain re-wiring. I've never done overseas work before so any tips on the regs I should know or what to expect or prepare for/avoid?

Thanks!
You would need to comply with the Regulations that apply to the country you are working in.
Appreciate your friend has approached you in order to keep costs down, but a local Electrician who is conversant with the local Regs.by laws etc would be a better option, you could always ask the Local Spark if you can help to try and keep costs down.

They tend to use singles in flexible conduit and radials fed from junction boxes rather than looping. Don't try and use twin and earth as it doesn't comply with Spanish Regs. due to the reduced size uninsulated earth.
I had a similar request a few weeks ago and after looking through the non-uk section on this forum I decided to pass. There seems to be a few ex pat sparks working in Spain though.

I have seen apartments being wired up in Greece

Didn’t look that complicated but be wary of hidden regs or possibly certification issues if your aren’t locally vetted and approved

Reply to Spanish home re-wire for friend? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock