Discuss Sparky's Tools- Everything under one roof- possible? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm sidestepping from another trade into Electrical work to wire up some new builds that I'm doing, having just qualified , and need to buy £3000 of equipment, including test meters, SDS drills, wall chasers etc. I'm wondering if there is a supplier that will literally do everything, as I can claim the VAT back only if I buy it all from same supplier at at the same time ( bacause I'm 'flat rate' VAT, not the ordinary kind- so I can only claim back purchases over 2k in this way )

I took a look at CEF but they don't have things like SDS drills and Wall chasers, as far as I can tell- I'm thinking of trying Builder Depot for all of it- is there anywhere else that anyone would recommend?

Thanks.

For a one stop experience, I second Electrifix. Apply on screwfix with details of your electrical qualifications (or scheme membership number) and you'll receive a membership tag. Take this to your local store, or place an order online for delivery or collection at your store and you'll generally receive improved pricing.

To be fair even their standard pricing isn't too bad.

Edit - the only downfall is you'll be lining an executive's pocket to fund his 3rd holiday home! If you purchase from a local wholesaler, chances are your £3k will put dinner on the table for a while longer, and they'll be more likely to meet you on price discounts

Last edited:
CEF will get you everything on your list, I don't understand why you are struggling tbh.

If CEF cannot supply you a SDS drill my nobs a kipper.

CEF will get you everything on your list, I don't understand why you are struggling tbh.

If CEF cannot supply you a SDS drill my nobs a kipper.

I would never buy tools at CEF. The place is far too expensive, and anywhere where I have to haggle to avoid getting ripped off is not getting my trade. Screwfix is the best place I can think of.

I don't use Screwfix an awful lot so don't know what their prices are like on lots of products but I think they are really expensive.

I just picked up a body only Makita circular saw (DSS610Z model) for £89.49 on Amazon yet Screwfix are selling the DSS611Z model body only - which is a downgrade of the 610, for £129.99.

Or you can buy a Fluke T5-1000 voltage tester online for £105.00, screwfix price £139.99.

Reply to Sparky's Tools- Everything under one roof- possible? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net