Discuss SPD risk assessment template in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I am due to carry out my first fuse board change under the 18th edition, i need a risk assessment template for SPD devices.

and with regards to AFDD i am under the impression i just need to recommend it in the quotation.

I doubt you will find anything like that at the moment, I haven’t the BBB, so what does it say?

Your last question has been asked a few times before, if you do a search here. Differing views on the subject.

If your in a Scheme, can you not seek guidance from them?

make you own.
column 1... Perceived risk.
( enter possible damage to It equipment etc. )

column 2 .... Recommended Action.
( install SPD/s to relevant circuits. )

column 3....Customer accepted/declined.

done.

make you own.
column 1... Perceived risk.
( enter possible damage to It equipment etc. )

column 2 .... Recommended Action.
( install SPD/s to relevant circuits. )

column 3....Customer accepted/declined.

done.
IET Finger out time, stop sitting on the fence, Man up and get these issues sorted PDQ

need arthur scargill at IET, then all will be shut down.

need arthur scargill at IET, then all will be shut down.
No Tel the IET to stop publishing just for the sake of it, get their backsides in gear, be alive to the real world of Sparkying, get some answers, answered for the sake of sanity, no more ----- footing around, these Guys are supposed to be the Law makers , not copy writers, come on folks do the job you are paid for, I have know answers, cuz I iant smart bums like you folks, so get real and get things sorted, the IET look like a laughing stock, the 18th has been discussed, debated Theater shows, etc are you playing or just don't know, you are the Brains, or supposed to be earn your wages. stop taking Hard working Sparkies for a joke, they pay your fees, with the exorbitant prices we pay for YOUR publications.

Electrical installations in single dwelling units are not required to have SPDs installed, but their use is not precluded and it may be that in discussion with a client such devices are installed, reducing significantly risks associated with transient over-voltages.

All the domestic boards i have changed since new year i have installed the SPDs after explaining to the client what they are and the change in regs they have all agreed worth the extra £50ish quid. We live in a very low risk area aswell.

Reply to SPD risk assessment template in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock