SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss split supply in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dogg

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all, went to look at a job today, the owner wants to convert a house into 2 flats, not done anything like this before. 100 amp fuse, TN C S supply
Can I split the 1 supply for the 2 flats, he would like a landlords meter put onto the second flat, so he could then work out the bill for each flat, each flat will have 2 x 32A and 2x 6A circuits .
Or have a new supply put in for the top floor flat?

U

uksel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
why not install something like this in each flat, wont cost the earth and you can see if both meters match up to the distributors meter.

SIEMENS ELECTRIC METERS/KWH/ELECTRICITY/(ZEROED) on eBay, also Meters, Test Measurement Equipment, Electrical Test Equipment, Business, Office Industrial (end time 31-Oct-08 15:19:08 GMT)

i'd also keep an eye on the length/size of your tails. would be a lot easier for you to install a new DB in each domicile. i'd personally install at least a 6 way unit as each flat may need the provision for a boiler, cooker perhaps power showers, lighting & power.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Reply to split supply in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom