Discuss split supply in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dogg

Hi all, went to look at a job today, the owner wants to convert a house into 2 flats, not done anything like this before. 100 amp fuse, TN C S supply
Can I split the 1 supply for the 2 flats, he would like a landlords meter put onto the second flat, so he could then work out the bill for each flat, each flat will have 2 x 32A and 2x 6A circuits .
Or have a new supply put in for the top floor flat?

why not install something like this in each flat, wont cost the earth and you can see if both meters match up to the distributors meter.

SIEMENS ELECTRIC METERS/KWH/ELECTRICITY/(ZEROED) on eBay, also Meters, Test Measurement Equipment, Electrical Test Equipment, Business, Office Industrial (end time 31-Oct-08 15:19:08 GMT)

i'd also keep an eye on the length/size of your tails. would be a lot easier for you to install a new DB in each domicile. i'd personally install at least a 6 way unit as each flat may need the provision for a boiler, cooker perhaps power showers, lighting & power.

Reply to split supply in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, a landlord is converting a house into two flats and wants a separate consumer unit for both flats upstairs and downstairs. He also...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I hope you could share your experience and advice regarding supply 50 flats in 5 storey block of flats. We get 3 x 430A supply. What...
Replies
Views
What are peoples opinion's on this, pair of big old semi-detached houses (85 and 87) converted into apartments, dont think its a HMO although it...
Replies
Views
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this. I am not trained in electrics whatsoever, I am a just a home owner looking for advice. I...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock