Discuss Splitting of UFH and Rads via Stat in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think that the pipe which is a Y shape ie comes from boiler splits down to the UFH up to rads is heating flow (what boiler is it) a 2 port valve would need to be put in the leg that goes to rads (after split).Have you got a photo of UFH control unit.

It's a combi. The UFH is an Emmeti ewc-1... i've got this picture but access is cramped here.

IMG_4490.JPGIMG_4490.JPG

boiler.jpg You will have to get a plumber to check what combi is it ?

In the boiler for the heating you should have terminals for a stat eg L and Rt from stat a two core & E cable/flex would need to be connected between this and the volt free boiler terminals in UFH wiring ctr. when a valve is fitted to leg for rads the orange and gray will go between the room stat terminals in the boiler. The brown to open the valve goes to 3 in the wireless stat link between live and 1.

Attachments

• EMMETI WIRING.pdf
    247.7 KB · Views: 2
You could try backing the flow control valves back on each of the UF manifold zone valves effectively starving the ground floor and forcing flow to the rads. Ideally move the stat upstairs. This will require a lot of tinkering with flow rates but may at least get you some heat upstairs in the short term.

As already said the real answer is to split the zones.

Reply to Splitting of UFH and Rads via Stat in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I've noticed that my UFH pump is not always turning on as soon as the stat & valve calls for heat. This results in hot water passing...
Replies
Views
Hi. I’ve recently had installed a manifold (including zone valve and pump) for the newly installed Wet UFH in my extension. The system is split...
Replies
Views
I recently wired a heating system with a UFH8 manifold and an unvented cylinder.... easy. Well it threw up a few problems. Initially I had the...
Replies
Views
A combi is heating 5 ufh zones downstairs and 1 radiator zone upstairs. It has a two port valve for each. My question is, would you fit this with...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I was wondering if any of you nice chaps could lend me some advice. So I have an open vented heating system with a 3 port valve...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock