Discuss Splitting the Supply for a house converting into 2 flats??!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

luke28davis

well if i do put new tails in and split it with a connector block and take power to the meters the owner has installed.just wondering if there's a rule on how long tails can be but very concerned about taking this job on as aint done work this side of board before.....help!!!!

Re: need helpabout a supply needing splitting for 2 flats???

Hi Luke
First i would find out from customer if keymeters are required etc if so you may be better off getting DNO to install these to save hassle and make your job easier also is the cutout/meter etc in a communal area ? if not this will also need addressing.
Hope this helps.

Re: need helpabout a supply needing splitting for 2 flats???

think he has electric meters installed but would you say its not worth doing and may be saying for him to go to distibutor for install of tails?looked on screwfix for blocks and they have a 6 way connector block which would be right for splitting but think id rather stick to consumer side!!!!????

If the installation has a meter that is supply authority equipment then the meters that you are wiring to additional to this meter are no different to any other means of protection/safety and the regs governing Bs 7671 which is applicaable after the supply equipment and are the regs to follow
If you split the tails and serve 2 boards then the 3 meter general rule for the supply tails protection still applies and you will have to supply the install via 1 or possibly two KMFs
You are still working on the load side side of he distributors supply and the same rules apply

Reply to Splitting the Supply for a house converting into 2 flats??!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net