Discuss Sponsor A Puppy in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Well I have just sponsored Biscuit a gorgeous little guide dog puppy, really easy to do and set the direct debit up to take an agreed amount every month.
You get the usual thing , updates on her progress and regular pictures as she grows up, when I thought about some of the rubbish I spend money on it seemed like a no brainer and also the most important part is the end result which is it will help someone who is Blind/ a condition that must be just awful to live with.
Below is a link to the site, why not take a quick look and see if you could donate a little something to a good cause.

http://www.guidedogs.org.uk/sponsor...n=SAP&gclid=COT26YvL5s4CFVU_GwodgdAFgg#Choose

Having donated to guide dogs for many years I no longer support this organisation after their rather harsh treatment of a blind friend of mine a number of years ago.

Sorry to hear that but hopefully it was an isolated incident. I have to hope that as a whole they do a great deal of good.

I bet every charity has its bad apples and whatnot. I hope your friend found another charity to provide help. Certainly sounds like they have a good mate to say the least.

I've stopped giving to charities and leaving it to them, and now give direct when I can. Buy a homeless guy a bag of food and drinks etc, or take a flask to an old homeless guy in winter. Often say meet same place tomorrow and I'll swap it for a fresh one but they're never there for some reason.

I guess you cant really give a guide dog
Directly to a blind person though so seems a good cause, I'm in.

I bet every charity has its bad apples and whatnot. I hope your friend found another charity to provide help. Certainly sounds like they have a good mate to say the least.

I've stopped giving to charities and leaving it to them, and now give direct when I can. Buy a homeless guy a bag of food and drinks etc, or take a flask to an old homeless guy in winter. Often say meet same place tomorrow and I'll swap it for a fresh one but they're never there for some reason.

I guess you can really give a guide dog
Directly to a blind person though so seems a good cause, I'm in.

You get a welcome pack and then update photos every month I think, plus videos on you tube etc. There was a cute one called Domino and I nearly chose that one but ended up going for Biscuit a little beauty.

Good for you mate and your friend is very lucky.

Reply to Sponsor A Puppy in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock