Discuss Standby Generator installation how do you certify? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I don’t know if this has been discussed in the past? I have received a request to install a standby changeover generator/mains system. My question is, how do you certify the installation?
Am I the only one posting on this forum?

What sort. size Genny are you speaking of ? what is it feeding ? what volts is it putting out?

Hi,do you know the method of changeover?
Size,earthing arrangements,monitoring and fuel type,will all affect how you will have to leave it for use,with a customer.

Lots of homeowners set out,with a request such as this,but when the extent of what is involved,in leaving them to it,is investigated,it is not unusual for aspirations and expectations,to alter.

It is always down to mamon :)

Hi,do you know the method of changeover?
Size,earthing arrangements,monitoring and fuel type,will all affect how you will have to leave it for use,with a customer.

Lots of homeowners set out,with a request such as this,but when the extent of what is involved,in leaving them to it,is investigated,it is not unusual for aspirations and expectations,to alter.

It is always down to mamon :)
Thanks for the heads up .
I am not unfamiliar with standby generators from my industrial days, back up for control rooms, conveyor lighting etc.
I know that isn’t BS7671.
I am unsure what to put down on the certificate.
On the EIC schedule of inspections section 2.1 it states complying to reg 551.
So where do you record your test results?

Reply to Standby Generator installation how do you certify? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock