Discuss Storage Heater Recommendations? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Having been through the whole storage heater/economy 7 setup a few times... my conclusion is still that it's a massive scam... the electricity rates available simply don't make it economical and unless you're super careful and ---- about every single kWh used, will cost you alot more. I'd spend the cash on simple panel heaters with room stats and central app control.... That's after I'd put as much insulation in the place as is humanly possible !

Zerax, good viewpoint there, I agree...the infrared panels are lightweight, so not storage rads, but they can be hung like pictures, ceiling mounted or even free-standing. A dedicated circuit is preferable, especially when you factor in the stat/s, but if you are replacing existing storage rads of traditional design it's a breeze...and for new installations it's even easier.

Just a note on the newer storage rads, the heat outlet is now at the bottom, so where before heat used to escape through the little flap at the top when your at work all day, it now cant, and relys on a fan to blow the heat down through the bricks and out a vent at the bottom, so they certainly hold onto that heat until the times required. I dont think we will be seeing them last 20-30 years each though like we do the old type as theres a fan, touchscreen, and PCb with relays etc all in there now

Reply to Storage Heater Recommendations? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Up until this Sunday (28/01/24) you can save on selected heaters from three of our best selling brands. And includes the popular Dimplex Quantum...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have a customer, manager of a retirement home and he's having problems with the original heaters. The existing heating in the multi...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read this. I am not trained in electrics whatsoever, I am a just a home owner looking for advice. I...
Replies
Views
I have a client on a Superdeal tariff from SSE, the Superdeal Meter has 3 sets of tails coming out of it feeding 3 DBs: (i) DB1 - the main board...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock