• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Stroma 18th edition exam in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

rolyberkin

Electrician's Arms
So having spent the last three or four days adding quick find tabs to my new 18th edition book and highlighting relevant passages it was taken off me by the Stroma invigilator and I was given a brand new book for my exam!:-(

I was told that Stroma do everything by the book and above board so don't want any accusations of cheating or lowering of standards, think some other schemes may need to take note!

rolyberkin

Electrician's Arms
85% and yes a proper C&G exam a bit gutted as I think with my tabbed book I would of got higher, took me ages using the index!;-)

Ian1981

Forum Mentor
When I did my 17th we were highly encouraged to put tabs highlight etc same when I did my 16th at another local college.
I did my 18th with Xs training on line and was advised not to highlight the book or put tabs in.
I never asked the test centre if you could or couldn’t but I never bothered doing it.
Depends if you feel comfortable with the book whether you feel you want to tab it I guess.
There was no answer to a question that I did not find.
That said I got 98.33% so I got one wrong in part 7 which annoyed me as I was sure I nailed it all

Midwest

Electrician's Arms
You should of done a double bluff, had loads of answers written on your sleeve, answer sheets down your trusers, and under your het. He would of missed them tabs then.

Midwest

Electrician's Arms
I did my 18th with Xs training on line and was advised not to highlight the book or put tabs in.
I never asked the test centre if you could or couldn’t but I never bothered doing it.
Depends if you feel comfortable with the book whether you feel you want to tab it I guess.
There was no answer to a question that I did not find.
Swaot.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.