Discuss Stroma 18th edition exam in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've retired from all this malarkey, but I'm thinking of doing the 18th, just to prove I'm not going senile. £140 though.
I paid £240. + vat.
All from the comfort of my own home on a lap top.
You skip through the program then you need to do a test simulation where the questions are in random order to get you to use the book at random.
You are required to pass at over 80% at more than once.
You print off a certificate of learning and take it to the test centre.

I've retired from all this malarkey, but I'm thinking of doing the 18th, just to prove I'm not going senile. £140 though.

My local Rexel is putting on a C&G one day course run by the NICEIC for £200 for the course only, £265 for course and BS7671 & £290 for both plus OSG.

Food and drink are provided with a pint afterwards.

My local Rexel is putting on a C&G one day course run by the NICEIC for £200 for the course only, £265 for course and BS7671 & £290 for both plus OSG.

Food and drink are provided with a pint afterwards.

Cheers, haven't been into my local Rexel recently, still a bit high for me. But will bear in mind.

So having spent the last three or four days adding quick find tabs to my new 18th edition book and highlighting relevant passages it was taken off me by the Stroma invigilator and I was given a brand new book for my exam!:-(

I was told that Stroma do everything by the book and above board so don't want any accusations of cheating or lowering of standards, think some other schemes may need to take note!

Was Phil the invigilator?

Are Stroma events letting you take the exam only ?

Yes I did the exam only and did and an online course with learnzone media which was £68, the exam was with Stroma down the road from me, the whole thing was like taking amendment 3 again with two added questions, a good refresher and I have learned a few things but a bit of a non event.

So having spent the last three or four days adding quick find tabs to my new 18th edition book and highlighting relevant passages it was taken off me by the Stroma invigilator and I was given a brand new book for my exam!:-(

I was told that Stroma do everything by the book and above board so don't want any accusations of cheating or lowering of standards, think some other schemes may need to take note!

Technically Stroma weren't doing it by the book when they took your book off you. C&G 2382-18 pdf on page 9 says

Screenshot_20180830-181053_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Attachments

• 2382-18 Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671-2018 July 2018 V1-0 (1).pdf
    147.2 KB · Views: 14
"Stroma Hi Shane – you may use your own book, as long as it doesn’t have any loose paper with notes in it. However, you can tab the chapters with post-it notes and highlight text. I hope this helps."

Looks like tabs may be okay after all :)

"Stroma Hi Shane – you may use your own book, as long as it doesn’t have any loose paper with notes in it. However, you can tab the chapters with post-it notes and highlight text. I hope this helps."

Looks like tabs may be okay after all :)
Just make sure you know where the CONTENTS page, that's all you need

Reply to Stroma 18th edition exam in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net