Discuss Stupid things you have done whilst away working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Got sent to the Seychelles for a job once, yes more like a holiday, heard it all before, anyway where are the Seychelles? smack dab in the middle of the most Shark infested Ocean in the World, used to go for a dip in the mornings, got odd looks from the locals, wasn't until the barman warned me of the dangers of swimming did I realise what a dipstick I had been, stuck to the pool and showers after that.

Was working in Samoa back in 2009 when they decided to change from driving on the right hand side of the road to driving on the left. Of course I hadn’t a clue that they’d done this and drove out of the hotel and hit a taxi head on. Luckily they are a pretty laid back bunch and the police just asked had I not heard the sirens at 6.00am telling people to change sides.

Got sent to the Seychelles for a job once, yes more like a holiday, heard it all before, anyway where are the Seychelles? smack dab in the middle of the most Shark infested Ocean in the World, used to go for a dip in the mornings, got odd looks from the locals, wasn't until the barman warned me of the dangers of swimming did I realise what a dipstick I had been, stuck to the pool and showers after that.
I had a pet coconut when I went to the Seychelles in the mid-'80s. Even brought it back to Saudi Arabia (where I lived at the time) with me.

Not sure what happened to it although I still have a photo of it.

I had a pet coconut when I went to the Seychelles in the mid-'80s. Even brought it back to Saudi Arabia (where I lived at the time) with me.

Not sure what happened to it although I still have a photo of it.
It grew up and had a family
Stupid things you have done whilst away working 40403946-top-of-a-coconut-tree-see-some-coconuts-on-the-tree - EletriciansForums.net

....I married the village elder's daughter,and although i am worshipped and have many elaborate carvings,depicting my duties....i miss the many trappings of modern existence,and have poor internet access...

Anywho,my 17 children and i,are off hunting,shortly,so,swings and roundabouts...:)

years ago, working in Windsor, digs provided by boss's family. for working away, the deal was normal wages + food and beer paid by boss. after a 20 oz. steak and chips, many pints, back to lodgings.me and mate had 2 single beds in a room. around 3.00 am, woke up needing a pee. mistook wardrobe door for room door. it was locked, so when i pulled on handle ot came crashing down pinned me to bed. all the junk on top over onto mate. stopped the bugger snoring, that's for sure.

Fell asleep on a tram in Russia after trying to keep up drinking vodka with some of the local lads from the site I was working with.

I was on it for a good 3 hours before waking up, thankfully it was a circular around the city so I hadn't traveled too far.

Got misled into the somewhat rampant Gay area in Helsinki, even the Taxi driver was different, no I didn't mean to go there, MISLED is the clue, nothing unforeseen happened, except a sleepless night worrying about what might have been, a lucky escape you could say.

Got misled into the somewhat rampant Gay area in Helsinki, even the Taxi driver was different, no I didn't mean to go there, MISLED is the clue, nothing unforeseen happened, except a sleepless night worrying about what might have been, a lucky escape you could say.

But you know wear salmon pink trousers and speak in a high pitched voice...... hmmmmmmm ;o))))

Was working in Milan and decided to have a bath in the hotel the bath had lots of buttons so pressed them all and poured in the bath foam, turned the TV on and was surprised to see Minder on TV dubbed in to Italian, went back in to the bathroom and the foam was about 3 ft above the rim of the bath, my first experience of a jacuzzi style bath, took me ages to shower away the foam...........

Me and my mate were working for 3 months on a site staying in a Travelodge Monday to Friday, to protect the innocent I’ll call my mate Jim.

Jim liked a drink and usually ended up staggering back to his room which for weeks had been the same one, anyway he got up for a pee in his underpants, went through the wrong door and found himself locked out in the corridor.

Still bursting he went outside and relieved himself against the outside wall where the night receptionist saw him on cctv and went outside to investigate, Jim said about being locked out and told the guy the room he was staying in.

The receptionist went to the room and unlocked the door to let Jim in, still only in his undies, only to find it was the wrong room with a women now screaming waking everybody on the landing who came out and see what the commotion was about.

We didn’t stay there again

Working late in Moscow once, got back to my Apartment in the Hotel built for the Olympics, walked in the main entrance, " hello Mr, you want some company" 2 of em done up to the nines, both as ugly as sin, followed me all the way to the lift, got in lift with me, on and on about "We give you good time" got to my Apartment couldn't find my key, so I knocked on my mates door to let me in, I was the laughing stock on site next morning.

Come across foreign lorry driver, asking for directions. No probs we said follow us. Short while later, my mate driving said, will he fit under that railway bridge? I said, suspect he’ll know.........oops perhaps not. While we rang Network Rail, he rang his boss, who sacked him. :oops:

My Father had an "adventure" through no fault of his own many years ago, during WWII he was on a ship that docked in Casablanca but another Polish crew member had an argument with the Captain who then decided to throw all the Polaks off the ship (my Father was a stoker/motorman) the ship sailed off and they spent two weeks partying in Casablanca, the ship was torpedoed a while later.

My Father had an "adventure" through no fault of his own many years ago, during WWII he was on a ship that docked in Casablanca but another Polish crew member had an argument with the Captain who then decided to throw all the Polaks off the ship (my Father was a stoker/motorman) the ship sailed off and they spent two weeks partying in Casablanca, the ship was torpedoed a while later.
silly captain then. if he'd had the Polaks on board, the Krauts would not have needed to waste a $500 torpedo.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

silly captain then. if he'd had the Polaks on board, the Krauts would not have needed to waste a $500 torpedo.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.
Ahhhh but he did work on one of the last ships bringing back British POW's from Japan, if they had did their job properly then he would have been home much earlier.

Ahhhh but he did work on one of the last ships bringing back British POW's from Japan, if they had did their job properly then he would have been home much earlier.
i remember him doing it:
Stupid things you have done whilst away working upload_2019-3-27_20-24-0 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Stupid things you have done whilst away working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock