Discuss suggestion : do a gallery of Industrial Work in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
As working in the industrial side of electrics, I find it hard doing the work for the first time without actually knowing what it should look like.

So it would be nice to start a gallery of the good workmanship people have done.

Maybe you'll find that your ways can be improved ;)

regards Luke

Re: Gallery of Industrial Work

yeah sounds good. My biggest regret was a renovation I did last year. WW2 hospital wing in Worcs. Fair sized job and I was running the job and it was all about using modern wiring methods but recreating the 1940's style of wiring with the old porcelain clamps, braided cord etc. Never did take one photo as was that busy. Will probably never do a job like it again:(

yeah sounds good. My biggest regret was a renovation I did last year. WW2 hospital wing in Worcs. Fair sized job and I was running the job and it was all about using modern wiring methods but recreating the 1940's style of wiring with the old porcelain clamps, braided cord etc. Never did take one photo as was that busy. Will probably never do a job like it again:(

Unlucky mate - better luck next time.

bad idea? think bandwidth comes to mind, hows tilersforum do it, via a 3rd party image upload website?

We will always be fine, this forum is hosted on a dedicated server with more than enough bandwidth and disk space. Like here, tilersforums.co.uk allows users a limit on their forum account which they can use for PDF's or images or whatever. Though on tilersforums.co.uk there's a Tile Gallery too which members upload to. And then many of the members do use photo uploading sites too so they'll link to them.

Yeah, photobucket tends to be a popular one

Here's a couple from the US. They might not make sense, but here they are anyhow:

suggestion : do a gallery of Industrial Work {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

suggestion : do a gallery of Industrial Work {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
this maybe a bumb question but, is the red blue and white taped cables american 3 phase???
They are not really code required to be any particular colors, but here's the "standard" most guys use:

120/208Y - Black, Red, Blue, white neutral
277/480Y - Brown, Orange, Yellow, grey neutral
120/240delta - Black, Orange, Blue, white neutral

They are not really code required to be any particular colors, but here's the "standard" most guys use:

120/208Y - Black, Red, Blue, white neutral
277/480Y - Brown, Orange, Yellow, grey neutral
120/240delta - Black, Orange, Blue, white neutral

How to confuse people by using different colours for phases and neutral depnding up on voltage:eek:

thats a whole lotta pipe work, i take it you don't use a lot of trunking, tray or ladder racking, very neat though
Not really. It's permitted, but just not used that much. The only time an electrician here would use cable tray or ladder racks would be in factory work, where the factory will be re-tooled and rearranged on a regular basis. For something like a school or hospital, where things will remain pretty much original for the life of the building, it's all piped. Matter of fact, that second picture above is the headwall (head of the patient bed) rough-in wiring for a hospital surgical recovery room. That's why you see some copper pipes going to what look like electrical boxes. Some of them are oxygen lines, some are ordinary air, and some are suction lines. I'm not sure which is which. I just mess with the wires. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to suggestion : do a gallery of Industrial Work in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock