Discuss Sunlight activated switch in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

swimr

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a simple automatic switch that is sensitive to when the sun is shining?

I have a d.i.y swimming pool with black pipe solar collector, It is hard for me to estimate what the days weather is gonna be like before I go off and work. A simple automatic switch that was sensitive to the sunshine would solve the problem by running the pump ony when its hot...

I can buy more complicated systems that switch the pump on when the water in the collector is hot, however these cost £400 plus and I can't justify that price..

many thanks

Hi ,Why not just use a temp controler and a thermocouple.,you can set it up however you like then .and for a lot less than 400 quid
atvbitwww

do few market search, there are lot of bits and pieces available in the market for lot less than 50$.
Temperature sensitive switchn light sensitive switch, pressure switch etc.
bit of technical thinking can do some assembling to get what you want

Reply to Sunlight activated switch in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all! So I’ve recently moved and in my old place I installed smart switches as the wiring was pretty simple. However this new house was a flip...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first time poster :) trying to figure out the british naming conventions on electrical components, and in need of help to identify the...
Replies
Views
T
I have just installed a 30kW 3-phase array and one of the draws from it is 4.5kW heat pump for a swimming pool. I want to wire up the heat pump so...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock