Discuss supply details what a farce in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

EddieB

-
Arms
Reaction score
Help required please, I've been on the phone for the best part of an hour going round in ever decreasing circles.EDF are the Electrical distributors,the bills are issued by EDF but absolutely nobody can let me know what the existing system is. It is an 100a overhead supply, there is no earth at the property and I need to know if PME is available, if it's not then I assume it's a TT system and must put a earth electrode in place. Has anybody have a contact No that I might be able to use? The ladies on the other end of the phone are very polite and sympathetic but I've not been able to talk to anybody about technical details It's an absolute shambles.

Hi EddieB
Should have inlet for cpc on N if pme and lable could you take a pic ? this might help ! how was it earthed before you could also try neybours and see what they have or is it a new install ? edf rent the supply you may have more chance contacting scottish & southern energy they might have installed it ! domestic enquiryline 08457 444 555 might help.
Regards
Kung.
Will put new thread up on S&SE CONTACTS.

Also, if its a two wire overhead supply then i dont think it would be available, however, if it is a single concentric supply cable then it may be available.

If you are unsure about the earthing arrangements at the property, put a rod in anyway, even if its only temporary.

Thank you all, I did manage eventually to get a promise for somebody to ring me back and to be fair to them they did, they checked the account details and confirmed that PME was available. Jason it is a concentric cable as opposed to two singles, Thanks once again one and all

Ah EDF what a fantastic company!!!!! Been waiting 4 months for them to turn the supply back on at a warehouse we're refurbing!! Made me work over xmas to get ready for switch on on the 29th but then didn't show up !!! No phone call, no explanation, nothing!
And could not get an answer to why a domestic install had pme supply but no earth installed out of the neutral terminal !!!! Spent god knows how long gettin bounced around, they wanted an eic at one stage!!!
Love em

Reply to supply details what a farce in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock