Discuss SWA/SY cable in a fibre duct in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hey all

My thoughts then.....

Fibre is the 10mm+ protected stuff. Belongs to the fibre company (but are they gonna care?)... New duct, dead straight. Pull rope probably put in at the same time as the duct.
Yes, likely to be wrapped around the fibre, but careful pulling might yeild results.
Only issue is the duct heads outside the property, I would have to dig down in the soil by the perimeter (I know exactly where it is) and somehow break into it without compromising it. Difficult to do. Don't want the duct filling with water.

Conduit. Bit of a faff to be honest. No fixings except on the posts (the middle verticals are angled galv). I also would need to set around each post as they stick out further.

Tray. I think this might be the way forward. I give us the ability to add SWA at a later date for car chargers etc.
Metal tiewraps and place it at the bottom of the fence (about 12" up). Reversing cars should be OK at that height.
it's a very high fence and we have not had people in the yard yet, just outside (throwing stuff into the yard and fly tipping/drug dealing).

If they want to steal it, they will.

Reply to SWA/SY cable in a fibre duct in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When putting in some duct for fibre broadband we also put in a few lengths of 63/50mm twinwall duct "just in case" we needed that, as we knew of a...
Replies
Views
I have had a kitchen extesion built on an old property (c.1810), which has an unusual consumer unit situation. Part of the property has only a...
Replies
Views
Just taken deilvery of an Electric Car (Mini Electric) and so doing some research into installing a charge point. Supply is a standard Single...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have a customer (I'm in IT, not an electrician, and am just getting information at this stage before appointing a contractor early...
Replies
Views
Hello there! Could anybody help me with this query please, I am not sure where to look up the information I need? As I understand it, cables...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock