Discuss Switch in brick wall door opening in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I must admit I have been using these a lot recently, they are only in Burton on Trent. Usually come next day as well!

However, as regards being maintenance free, you don't want to install them in an inaccessible location because you may need to pair the receiver with another switch, or re-pair with the original switch, which requires physical access to the receiver to actuate the pairing button.

And that is why your great intelligence equals your stunning good looks... My little brain didn't think of that.... Silly me...

I must admit I have been using these a lot recently, they are only in Burton on Trent. Usually come next day as well!

Just had a quick look - on the prewired receiver L is Blue and N is Brown:oops:

That is odd! Not noticed that on the site. I will dig one out later and put a picture up, I have a spare one at the workshop!
Not had any trouble with them and have fitted probably 10 so far!

cheaper alternative . i'm going to order one and see if they're any good. not much outlay for a punt:

There are even some that you can get before September :D

Ahh: Seems like I'm too knew to post links. Search Ebay for 382652254199

But, I'm obviously not a qualified electrician but I would always be worried about unbranded stuff with 240v going across it. What would happen if in 3 months it burst into flames? What come back would I have? (none). On the other hand it does show how much margin the various middle men (importers, retailer etc) are making on the Quinetic.

as he sez....

Attachments

• Switch in brick wall door opening 1564320961320 - EletriciansForums.net
    1564320961320.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Ahh: Seems like I'm too knew to post links.

You can copy the URL directly into the post
or
If you want to add a link to some text then highlight the text, click the chain pic in the tool bar above - Insert link (Ctrl+K) - and then copy the URL in the URL field.

Switch in brick wall door opening 1564333380488 - EletriciansForums.net

Attachments

• Switch in brick wall door opening 1564333333503 - EletriciansForums.net
    1564333333503.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Switch in brick wall door opening 1564333350199 - EletriciansForums.net
    1564333350199.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 3
Ok so I eventually got to the workshop and well all the ones I have are correct so don't know what is going on with the picture!
As I say not had a problem with any of them so far and have installed around 10, some for garden lighting some for a kitchen, all worked flawlessly and they are a lot cheaper than the branded onesSwitch in brick wall door opening IMG_20190728_1840394 - EletriciansForums.net

Reactions: 123
In my limited experience I have found a few anomalies in wiring labels. I installed 2 thermostats/controllers for heating panels recently. The diagram in the written instruction leaflet,and the diagram printed on the stat, the wiring was correct...but on reading the instructions it reversed polarity...a simple typo really, but if you were reading it out to an apprentice of little brain, things would go wrong.
I brought this to the attention of the distributors, and they said they would "look into it", so that's fine!

Reactions: DPG

Reply to Switch in brick wall door opening in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock