Discuss Switching and isolation for cooker and hob on same circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all,

I'm upgrading my kitchen electrics replacing the current gas hob for an induction hob. The oven was previously plugged into the kitchen ring. My thoughts are that with diversity and the fact both the oven and hob are on 13amp plugs or rated at less than that, then they could go on a 6mm2 dedicated combined circuit

As the appliances need to be fused down to 13A I'm wondering what people thoughts are on switches and isolation for each...I ve seen double appliance outlets which could be fed from a singular outlet but these wouldn't be fused

Look forward to any responses

Thanks

What is the rating of the induction hob?

What is the rating of the induction hob?
Sorry for slow reply...I'm not 100% set on anything yet...I think the oven would be 2300 ish and 7350 for the hobs or less...meaning would need a 40a after diversity for the two

So I thought probably go with a 6mm that I've installed to a 45 amp switch then to a dual appliance outlet then one straight to the hob and one to a spur supplying the oven

Note 4 above… we don’t have GFCI’s in the Uk.
We call them RCD, or RCBO (residual current device/ residual current breaker operated)

Both generally do the same job

And in Uk, the use of these devices have increased due to the final use of the circuit, and the way it has been run in.

On the OP, you said both hob and oven were on a 13A plug…

Now the hob is 40A??
Sorry I'm not 100 % on which units I'll end up and after reading a few ratings online they seem generally a larger load...Still a 40a circuit with 6mm2 cable seems to suffice and i can utilise one 45a switch to a dual outlet plate....the issues comes after this point if a oven requires fusing to 13A

Reply to Switching and isolation for cooker and hob on same circuit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net