Discuss Taking on apprentices for the first time in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi all
just about to start looking for a apprentice . .
how much do you pay them
do you get any funding
what do i need to be able to take one on..

any feedback would be great

ta all vitoboy

its up to you on what you pay them, eg i mate payed this apprentice for 1st year about £75

just ring up the local college they will help you go down the apprentice route,

take a couple on a couple of weeks trail to, because then you can get the one that whats to learn

thanks johnuk
we will be contacting the local collage this week.
have got a couple of boys who are wanting a place local lads with transport and who are working already in part time jobs.
i take this as a good sign...but only time will tell.
ta

not sure where you are john but i have had 2 apprentices both through the JTL if there under 21 they get training for free
and i have never had any bother with the jtl just be sure to register them with the jib and the will get apprentice status and when they
finish they will get card with completed formal apprenticship on it with a electrician grading

Reply to Taking on apprentices for the first time in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock