Discuss Test New Reactions (Likes) Here! - Suggestions welcome in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi peeps.

Thanks to those who subscribed, we have been able to get the customised reactions system sooner than I'd planned.

Feel free to test on my post. And if some people can reply, even with some (family-friendly!!) jibberish, you can all test a few different reactions on various posts to see how they're presented once a post has a few different reactions applied.

This is a quick fix while I design or borrow some likes from somewhere that match what we have already, all in circles so they're nice and neat.

The system will log the 'agree' and 'disagree' now, I'll literally just update the image displayed. So don't hold back on clicking them all. This system is built into the core forum software, so there wont be any adjustments or losses when we upgrade the core system again in a couple of years time when this one becomes less secure.

Thanks for your patience. :)

Oh, nearly forgot. I'm adding the 'Trophy'/winner one, and perhaps the optimistic one. Are there any others that are actually needed? If you have suggestions let me know, and I'll take a look see what the score is with them. :D

Could you add a reaction for "The dogs -------s"? I don't know what you would use as the picture though

Oh, well done for auto blanking that word out

Just playing around with the system. Please ignore my reactions to any posts.

Before anyone says it let me say it first.

I know you normally ignore my reactions.
[automerge]1567791349[/automerge]
I do think not having the disagree or dislike buttons for a while have made the forum a friendlier place.

Not sure I want them back.

Last edited:
Just playing around with the system. Please ignore my reactions to any posts.

Before anyone says it let me say it first.

I know you normally ignore my reactions.
[automerge]1567791349[/automerge]
I do think not having the disagree or dislike buttons for a while have made the forum a friendlier place.

Not sure I want them back.

I think you're right. Wasn't there a discussion about omitting any negative reactions like that?
If you disagree with something, write a post that explains why and discuss... don't just tap a button

⚡ - Shocking

...duh

[automerge]1567793379[/automerge]
Test New Reactions (Likes) Here! - Suggestions welcome {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Obvious I hope

- Give that member a beer. O owe you a beer type reply

- Cheers, interchangeable with above.

☕ I need coffee to reply - for when a thread interests you but it's too early/late to be arsed replying

Last edited:
I think you're right. Wasn't there a discussion about omitting any negative reactions like that?
If you disagree with something, write a post that explains why and discuss... don't just tap a button

This is just a test thread. Crack on with any reaction. Negative done subtract from your total. It just doesn't increase your like count.

I hear what you're saying in normal threads though.
[automerge]1567795672[/automerge]
Also, in other news, your phone keypad smilies may work now. On most devices anyway.

?????‍???‍???‍?‍?‍??‍?‍?‍?⛈️⛄???????????????????????????????????????????????⏳??⏰??️?️㊙️⛔?️??⛔??3️⃣8️⃣??

:);):(:mad::cool::D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:angry::anguished::astonished::fearful::flushed::confused1::cry::disrelieved::hearteyecat::hearteyes::grinning::grin::grimacing::frowning::flushed::fearful::fearscream::hushed::imp::innocent::joycat::kissing::kissingcat::rage::kissingheart::relieved::laughing::mask::sleeping::sunglasses::relaxed::rage::poutingcat::persevere::pensive::neutral::neutral::sleepy::smile::smilecat::smiley::smileycat::smirkcat::sunglasses::sunglasses::sweat::worried::tonguewink::tongueout::weary::wink::unamused::triumph::tonguewink::tonguewink::tired::sweatsmile::sweatsmile::aerialtramway::airplane::ambulance::bicyclist::bike::bluecar::bullettrain::bullettrainside::bus::car::fireengine::helicopter::locomotive::locomotive::lorry::minibus::mountaincableway::mountainbiker::mountainbiker::oncomingbus::oncomingcar::oncomingpolice::oncomingtaxi::policecar::railwaycar::rocket::rocket::sailboat::sailboat::snowboarder::speedboat::surfer::swimmer::taxi::tractor::trafficlight::trafficlight::trafficlight2::train::tramcar::truck::walking::ant::babychick::bactriancamel::bearface::bee::beetle::blossom::deciduous::dogface::frogface::deciduous::cow::elephant::dromedarycamel::cherryblossom::dragon::dragon::monkeyface::ox::mouse::horseracing::leafwind::ocean::leopard::ram::racehorse::racehorse::poodle::pandaface::rose::pig::wolfface::whale::waterbuffalo::turtle::tulip::tulip::tropicalfish::baby::girl::guapimo::guardsman::dancer::handpointleft::handfist::haircut::haircut::guardsman::guapimo::girl::fist::womenholdinghands::tongue::raisinghand::raisedhands::athleticshoe::purse::namebadge::headphones::necktie::highheel::womansclothes::womansboots::kimono::kimono::flagstick::flowercards::gemstone::ghost::incomingenvelope::hearnoevil::japanesegoblin::isakayalantern::jackolantern::japanesedolls::japaneseogre::jokercard::key::knife::ledger::ledger::musickeyboard::minidisc:???????☺???????????????????????????????????????????????????
Yeah they work but my thumbs are now dead.

Test New Reactions (Likes) Here! - Suggestions welcome s-l300 - EletriciansForums.net

"Who put 50p in the d*ckh**d" - for when you get the really obnoxious jobsworth reply that you already knew and was actually after something else.

e.g "How's this distro board looking...."
JB Reply "You've missed X circuits, your labels are wonky and the RCD label is an old one"

*Insert 50p emote* because you know you've not finished everything band that the RCD label is an old one but so is the board so the sticker is correct for the edition of regs at the time of installation
Make sense? ?

:fist: what's this one for o_O

I'd like a button to recognise a good or helpful contribution of a little bit but important piece of advice especially in the way it has been written.

Many EF folk are very succinct - one sentence - yet provide pearls of wisdom.

I think the 'Informative' button is a bit hidden at the end.
Any chance of giving a post more than 1 rating, like when you agree with the post and also think its funny?

It is recording for now. I want them all circles and the same size when I've finished.

Damn; I ran the recount twice I was hoping it got your agrees back and totalled them up. It hasnt. Sorry @Spoon.

It is recording for now. I want them all circles and the same size when I've finished.

Cool.. Ok

Damn; I ran the recount twice I was hoping it got your agrees back and totalled them up. It hasnt. Sorry @Spoon.

Don't bother mate. I'll stick with what I've got.

Reply to Test New Reactions (Likes) Here! - Suggestions welcome in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock