Discuss Tester probes for use with Wago's in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just wondering which types of tester probes you all use for testing on Wago connectors?

The probes on my MFT and multimeter do not fit through the small hole incorporated in the connector for testing. I am using a very fine needle type probe at the moment but would prefer something a bit more robust.

Any recommendations?

Thanks and ATB

Chris

root out a spare probe/lead and grind the point down.

Kewteck produce a extra skinny test probe for this. I had problems finding them so contacted Kewteck direct and they sent them to me free of charge.
There brill.

I do like the Kewteck tester and accessories.

Thanks for the replies.

I did think about grinding down an old probe, nice to know it's how someone else would do it.

My voltage indicator does the job perfectly, it's when I come to test using my MFT that the problem starts.

Test wise, the most common one is ZS on lighting circuits with neutrel at the switch and ceiling lights that are difficult to reach or have had the earth not connected/cut off.

ATB

Chris

so short out L-E at the light ( power off, of course) then use method #2 as portrayed by richard burns .

Tester probes for use with Wago's High current Zs test with RCD - EletriciansForums.net

I’m interested in getting hold of some of those super skinny kewtech leads.

But where from?

I can’t find them anywhere.

I find it odd that such things are not readily available?

Last edited:
Megger 1001-991 MFT Multifunction Tester Replacement Test Leads - https://www.tester.co.uk/megger-1001-991-mft-multifunction-tester-replacement-test-leads?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3ebdBRC1ARIsAD8U0V5-UqrovIjLh7kT3T4PcTwWVTkrCnizjCzK54EqrWcC5AVsFRsm3HcaAgdQEALw_wcB

Tester probes for use with Wago's {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to Tester probes for use with Wago's in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock