Discuss Testing domestic work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I would check with your LABC as mine offers a free register for people with the relevant qualifications ie: 17th + 2391 and a least 2 million liability insurance.you don't have to be scam registered and they send you a unique reference number that you put on all certs you issue,minor works...install certs and eicr,s.this then allows you to do domestic electrical work in your local borough and sign it off.

last time I asked mine 3 year back it was £190 per job wish I lived in rotheram do they alow you to do this for free lol

last time I asked mine 3 year back it was £190 per job wish I lived in rotheram do they alow you to do this for free lol
they do allow it for free...here is a copy of the email I received from them.
Further to our telephone conversation of earlier regarding registration for the (free of charge) Rotherham Building Control Competent Persons list, please find attached the pro forma for you to fill out and return with copies of your relevant qualifications.
As I explained this would only cover you for the Rotherham MBC area, but if you check with the other Local Authorities in the area they may have a similar scheme.
Kind regards,

I will be checking again and if mine( WIGAN COUNCIL ) has changed, which I doubt very much I will be cancelling my scam membership and saving myself a small fortune lol and may even point them in the direction of rotheram councils ( Free of charge registration for local work ) what a good idea that is, then there would be no need for these scams as you could contact each council for the area you wish to work in
Cheers

Last edited:
I will be checking again and if mine( WIGAN COUNCIL ) has changed, which I doubt very much I will be cancelling my scam membership and saving myself a small fortune lol and may even point them in the direction of rotheram councils ( Free of charge registration for local work ) what a good idea that is, then there would be no need for these scams as you could contact each council for the area you wish to work in
Cheers
the girl I spoke to said I could check with other councils in my area to see if they did the same thing.im hoping Doncaster and Sheffield council do the same.

they do allow it for free...here is a copy of the email I received from them.
Further to our telephone conversation of earlier regarding registration for the (free of charge) Rotherham Building Control Competent Persons list, please find attached the pro forma for you to fill out and return with copies of your relevant qualifications.
As I explained this would only cover you for the Rotherham MBC area, but if you check with the other Local Authorities in the area they may have a similar scheme.
Kind regards,

I have said this for years that local councils cannot legally force you to be a member of a Scheme to submit certification . I live in Scotland and Edinburgh council accepts certification by "Enquiry" or in other words the front and back copy of your SJIB card along with a copy of you test meter(s) calibration certificate.

Why do they accept this easy they don't want to go against the European Free Trade Act by forcing a business or individual to go via a Scheme company that in my view has no legal standing and if audited cannot prove that they are policing the system.

View attachment By Enquiry.pdf

Heres the final email I received from the girl today at my LABC
Hi Mick,
Your registration has now gone through for the above competent persons scheme. Your number is **** on our list, so if you add that to your BS7671 Certs when you do any domestic reportable works in the Rotherham area we will be able to find you.
Kind regards
Debbie

This whole part p thing improves nothing,my mate was having an extension built and they were doing the lot,anyway i went round and was looking at the wiring they had removed an existing socket front and crimped 2 legs onto the ends to feed all the sockets on that side,the crimps were all bunched together and wrapped with tape,nothing run in safe zones,on another wall they had removed the socket that was in the middle of the wall and ran a cable from this to a socket about 600mm to the left of it they then ran a cable from here to another socket 600mm on the other side of centre,then a cable from this back to centre to complete the ring.Again the cables were crimped and taped and due to be plastered in.Apparently the building inspector had seen this and said it was ok,bear in mind that the same inspector did not seem concerned that the 2 new walls were not tied in to the original structure.I advised him to ring BC and get them out again,I await the outcome with interest.

Reply to Testing domestic work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock