Discuss Texecom premier elite 24 Faul in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

shaun1

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with a premier elite 24 pannel that has just been installed. Its a small system with 1 keypad, 4 zones and a smart com. I don't have a lot of experience with this system, but initial programming seemed to make sense, and I got the smartcom set up and linked to the app and to wintex on my laptop.
I then configured the zones via wintex.

Since then we have had issues with the keypad not responding properly, not allowing reset even though an alarm was triggered and now stuck saying call engineer for service and not responding to any user codes. Have tried a full reset of the pannel, and initially managed to set up language etc and configure the smart com, but after exiting engineer mode its stuck back in the same place and wont do anything.

Sorry for the long post - is there anything obviius i should be looking for?

You need to complete an engineers reset to clear the fault
By entering the engineer code and then pressing reset? This was working, but now nothing happens when the engineer code has been entered. Is there another method to perform this reset? The keypad doesn't seem to respond to any keypress now.

Few checks you can do:

Can you use keypad in wintex?
Is your keypad correctly wired and addressed?
Check network fuses f3 and f5
What network led showing - solid colours or flashing?
Did you default panel on first startup?

Depends how you set it engineer need to be enabled first by the user.

As above ^^^

you may need to enable engineer with a user code first, are you able to login on through wintex using the smart com to use the RKP?

Few checks you can do:

Can you use keypad in wintex?
Is your keypad correctly wired and addressed?
Check network fuses f3 and f5
What network led showing - solid colours or flashing?
Did you default panel on first startup?

Depends how you set it engineer need to be enabled first by the user.
So...
Not sure if default worked on first first startup.
1st time round, got the system set up, could see the keypad display in wintex, but it wasnt always in sync and keys in wintex didn't respond.
Keypad did seem to be working correctly, not showing errors in wintex.

After deliberately triggering alarm to test, (which bell seemed to have a 30s delay in sounding after panel speaker, even though there was no global or area delay set?) it could no longer be reset and was just showing "call ARC to reset system". No keys on keypad responded. typing engineer code in wintex keypad made the keypad beep once, but the display didn't change.

We then tried to power down and do a panel reset, powered back up and managed to program the com ports for smart om, and then exited engineer mode. It then got stuck showing all the zone faults for unconnected zones (as programming was reset) and also battery fault, and then "call engineer to reset system". Entering 1234 again did nothing, and I didn't get far enough with the smartcom programming to get back in via wintex.

Not on site now but wondering if it could be a bad battery, causing the system to not respond properly?

Will check network Leds and fuses tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help so far.

I am not familiar with the system, however most alarms use a serial data connection between panel and keyboard.

If you are having problems like no response or slow updates etc. It is often a coms problem.

Check connections both ends
Ensure cable is not running close to mains power cables, especially parallel to them.
Is the correct cable being used for the communication cable and also, ensure that the correct colour cores are being used for the relevant terminals. If they are twisted pairs, it is vitally important to use the correct cores of the cable.

Reply to Texecom premier elite 24 Faul in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock