Aico 3000
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss The Pain of constant electrical work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, but for the older aged members , Tel and me included we have all heard of the usual painful problems, bad back knees etc.
But recently I have noticed the pain in my right (yes I'M RIGHT HANDED) arms wrist shoulders due to I think of being right handed using hammers .screwdrivers , manhandling equipment, you must get the picture.
I,m retired now so it's not a bother to me workwise just wondering ,are there any older members that suffer from right or left handed muscle problems , or left if you are that way inclined, and is there anyway of defeating his problem.
It causes me pain at night and during the day, anything thing the younger members can do to avoid this painful experience, believe it aint funny, if my experience is any thing to go by, take care Guys look after your bodies, making dosh is not the B all and end all of life, use the PEP and don't worry what others say, and good luck.

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had been suffering carpel tunnel, back pains and knee pain since about 36

I’m 41

I was advised to start taking turmeric capsules everyday

never really believed in all that guff

Gave it a try though and must say the‘re fantastic, really helps, the pains basically gone nowadays

been taking them for about 3 years now

no substitute for not taking care of yourself whilst young though

Reaction score
Most impact tools trigger the R A (depressing words .)
Swinging a hammer when tired , was my favorite for more jolt .
( cold normally plays mine up , so I sleep sweaty. )
So I can actually get out of bed in the morning !

Mike Johnson

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I had my right elbow re-built about fifteen years ago, it was more painful when I woke up than during the day, it was the beginning of the Arthritis that now pervades most of my joints, take notice of your mother and don't stay out all night in a damp atmosphere. 😇

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Probably whilst trying to get into places and doing things your body is not designed for
i knew i shouldn't have gone caving every sunday ( when i was younger and thinner) some of the tight squeezes we got into were horrendous. and with ice-cold water pouring into wetsuit.

Mike Johnson

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I had my right elbow re-built about fifteen years ago, it was more painful when I woke up than during the day, it was the beginning of the Arthritis that now pervades most of my joints, take notice of your mother and don't stay out all night in a damp atmosphere. 😇
I think my elbow problem was caused by twenty years of playing Squash, Golf and Skiing, knees by Rugby and Skiing, but that does not explain the Arthritis in my big toes. ⛷🤔

Reply to The Pain of constant electrical work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.