Discuss The Pain of constant electrical work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong area, but for the older aged members , Tel and me included we have all heard of the usual painful problems, bad back knees etc.
But recently I have noticed the pain in my right (yes I'M RIGHT HANDED) arms wrist shoulders due to I think of being right handed using hammers .screwdrivers , manhandling equipment, you must get the picture.
I,m retired now so it's not a bother to me workwise just wondering ,are there any older members that suffer from right or left handed muscle problems , or left if you are that way inclined, and is there anyway of defeating his problem.
It causes me pain at night and during the day, anything thing the younger members can do to avoid this painful experience, believe it aint funny, if my experience is any thing to go by, take care Guys look after your bodies, making dosh is not the B all and end all of life, use the PEP and don't worry what others say, and good luck.

I had been suffering carpel tunnel, back pains and knee pain since about 36

I’m 41

I was advised to start taking turmeric capsules everyday

never really believed in all that guff

Gave it a try though and must say the‘re fantastic, really helps, the pains basically gone nowadays

been taking them for about 3 years now

no substitute for not taking care of yourself whilst young though

Most impact tools trigger the R A (depressing words .)
Swinging a hammer when tired , was my favorite for more jolt .
( cold normally plays mine up , so I sleep sweaty. )
So I can actually get out of bed in the morning !

I had my right elbow re-built about fifteen years ago, it was more painful when I woke up than during the day, it was the beginning of the Arthritis that now pervades most of my joints, take notice of your mother and don't stay out all night in a damp atmosphere. ?

Weather , food ,so far in agreement with all factors.
A noticed cold air flow cold get me aged about 25 .( mainly feet |)
Where did these aches com from , I'm mean to be indestructible.
Probably whilst trying to get into places and doing things your body is not designed for

Probably whilst trying to get into places and doing things your body is not designed for
i knew i shouldn't have gone caving every sunday ( when i was younger and thinner) some of the tight squeezes we got into were horrendous. and with ice-cold water pouring into wetsuit.

I had my right elbow re-built about fifteen years ago, it was more painful when I woke up than during the day, it was the beginning of the Arthritis that now pervades most of my joints, take notice of your mother and don't stay out all night in a damp atmosphere. ?
I think my elbow problem was caused by twenty years of playing Squash, Golf and Skiing, knees by Rugby and Skiing, but that does not explain the Arthritis in my big toes. ⛷?

The main work related injury I picked up wasn't on site it comes from an incident where I was involved in a multi vehicle shunt on the M1 while heading home from a job nearly 30 years ago I thought I was going to hit or go through the windscreen of the transit van I was driving as I was rear ended by another transit van it damaged 2 vertebrae in my neck and some years later it was also found that the seat belt had also broke my collar bone which because it wasn't found at the time healed with a bend in it which means my shoulder is slightly twisted. It causes me lots of problems and pain in the winter cold if it is not kept warm but can be managed with some painkillers, about 10 years ago a consultant suggested fusing the 2 vertebrae together but pointed out that I would not be able to turn my head very far and it may stop me being able to drive so I declined that one

I suffer from a generic disorder that was passed down to me from my mother. I have excessively short tendons, which means I'm unable to straighten any joint out fully and limits my flexibility. I went to yoga classes for years in an attempt to stretch them out some. The yoga teacher, after nearly 2 years of twice weekly classes, admitted that I was an hopeless case.
Now I'm older I also suffer with arthritis in my knees, elbows, wrists and fingers, definitely brought on worse by all the abuse to my body from my younger working days. As a result I have to limit my time on the tools and spend much of my working day on the PC. Even worse is the fact that all my hobbies are outdoor sports!

Take heed younger folk, look after your body!

Touch wood, nothing serious yet apart from not being able to bend like I did. Due to beer gut and laziness.
Work related injuries are limited to cuts and bruises. Never broken anything, but was once smacked in the face by a scaffold pole. Lot of blood, but no damage.

Touch wood, nothing serious yet apart from not being able to bend like I did. Due to beer gut and laziness.
Work related injuries are limited to cuts and bruises. Never broken anything, but was once smacked in the face by a scaffold pole. Lot of blood, but no damage.
Thanks for the replies Guys, most all of my aches and pains I feel come from working, not physical injuries but working conditions or practices, remember working in a cupboard under some stairs and bang my back and shoulders went US had to go private for treatment, the pain was unbearable, the physio sorted it though, trouble it is still with me after 10 years, lesson is don't suffer in silence get any pulls and strains sorted by a proper Doc.

once you let them sawbones loose on your body, it's fatal. i had a minor op. 2012, and still suffering the pain caused by them.

Reply to The Pain of constant electrical work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock