Discuss The right way to setup electrics at an event? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Yaqub

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently ventured into hiring products and providing services for events/weddings etc. We've been at it for a couple of years now and it's going well.

I currently just use a MASTERPLUG LDCT2513BQ/4-XD 13A 4-GANG 25M CABLE REEL 240V extension cable to plug in 2 x 1000w 13amp coil burners on and off for a 3-10 hours.
The cable is fully unwound and provides us with enough length, should we need it.
We use the venues electricity and plug in to one of their main sockets closest to where we are to setup.
I recently witnessed a power cut due to someones faulty sound system at a private venue. Whilst we've never had a problem with our electrics, I'd like a setup where the fault is isolated and does not effect the venue we're feeding electricity from.
Just like many other products, coil burners aren't the most reliable of appliances and can stop working at anytime and without warning.
For events in the near future I'll be running about 1000-3000 watts. After that I can see it doubling with the additional services we will begin to provide.
Despite all our previous successful events, what would you suggest I do to make my setup better?
I don't have a huge budget and ideally would like to grow the setup as the business grows. Is there anyone in the Cardiff area that I can reach out to, that would be awesome.
Hope you can help and apologies if I missed something out.

Regards

Yaqub

A 'coil burner' is a old fashioned open hearth solid fuel fire round Barnsley way :)

I'll get me 'coit' :)

Thanks for the replies. Is the book suited to people with little knowledge of electrics? If so, I'll be purchasing the book in the coming weeks. So far, from what I've read, there is a lot about testing and safety.
My main concern is, even after PAT testing? the appliances before use, how can you prevent a fault in the appliance from tripping the main power supply? I'm sure it must be possible, just don't want it happening to me.
Is it as simple as buying all the necessary components and getting a local electrician to test and approve it before every event?

Reply to The right way to setup electrics at an event? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock